Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000 frequency issue  (Read 1718 times)

Sirmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2018, 05:53:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000 frequency issue
« on: November 23, 2016, 04:03:08 pm »
Hi!
I'm looking for some help with my arcade cabinet.

System: windows 7 32x on I3 computer connected through pctojamma to arcade cabinet with monitor hantarex of 21'. Native frequency 15khz. Videocard arcade vga ultimarc 3000. SO windows 7 home premium sp1

Issue description: the video card send signal in 15khz and can see perfectly the signal in the arcade monitor. When I install the video drivers from the ultimarc site the video card stops sending signal in 15khz when windows starts. The screen is visible while windows loads, but then I need to plug a monitor in the vga connector to see the image. This means when the driver starts working, the video card stops sendind signal in 15khz.

Downloaded drivers are right (w7 32x dvi port up / vga down). What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

danielm7999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 02:01:48 pm
    • Daniel Mercer Art
Re: Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000 frequency issue
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »
Do you have approx. 30 resolutions available in the list when you click on the Galaga icon on the bottom right taskbar in Windows? If the 30 or so resolutions are listed in the galaga icon, and you can switch to them, then the card and drivers should be OK.

And did you uninstall the previous graphics drivers from whatever card was in your PC before AVGA? You definitely HAVE to do that. You might try uninstalling even the AVGA drivers as well and do a fresh install (that's what I would do anyway). Make sure to follow ALL of Ultimarc's installation instructions for that card. Its a finicky card, one misstep w/ installation can create a world of confusing results.

Also Andy at Ultimarc might have some insight on this if that doesnt work.

Windows 7 does have some bugs that havent been worked out with AVGA. But I think that has more to do with switching between resolutions. You might do a search on it later if you run into those sorts of issues. I went with XP Pro SP2 to avoid all that mess...but XP ended up having messes of its own. Its a job man, good luck!
- Daniel Mercer Art

Sirmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2018, 05:53:39 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 02:13:15 am »
Hi DanielM.

Thanks for your answer. Some details regarding your questions:

Do you have approx. 30 resolutions available in the list when you click on the Galaga icon on the bottom right taskbar in Windows?

YES, I have these resolutions available but almost all of them work only in 60 khz frequency: this means I can swtich resolutions only plugin the video monitor to the VGA plug. Top available resolution that works in the arcade monitor is 640x288. When I select this resolution I receive the message in the pc monitor "out of range" and when plugin the arcade monitor using the vga connector it works ok. The issue is this resolution is very poor and the other good resolutions (640x480, 800x600) only works with the PC monitor (frequency=60).

And did you uninstall the previous graphics drivers from whatever card was in your PC before AVGA?

The PC has an embbebed vga card in the motherboard but is disabled when the ultimarc pci card is plugged. No previous graphic drivers installed (in exception the default installed by windows during installation). Checking the panel control > system > video device, it says arcade ultimarc vga3000 is working properly after installing ultimarc drivers... but frequency is 60 not 15. I have tried fresh installation just installing the W7 and updating / not updating to SP1.

Any help to find the ultimarc installation instructions for this specific card?

Any help to contact Andy for support?

In the meantime I will test with a different version of Windows 7... but is clear for me the videocard works fine as when I start windows can see in the arcade monitor how the system loads... the issue comes when windows start and the driver starts working: in this point the frequency at 15khz is lost and the only way to continue is plugin a pc monitor in the ultimarc vga connector.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Thank you for your help.

danielm7999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 02:01:48 pm
    • Daniel Mercer Art
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »
"No previous graphic drivers installed (in exception the default installed by windows during installation)."

For starters Im guessing you do have the previous default drivers installed from your PC's on-board graphics card. Just a guess. That will mess up your AVGA scenario if thats the case. You'll need to find the answer to that question for sure..and get rid of that graphics driver, wherever it is, if its there. I would do a search on it. Turning off your old graphics card is good, but it wont remove the old driver or prevent it from messing things up w/ AVGA. Ill get back to you with more details maybe later today if I get more time.

I would also triple check to make sure that the drivers youre using for AVGA are the correct drivers for the card model youre using. Did you buy this card from Ultimarc? If so, it shouldve come with a CD with a lot of varying drivers included on it.

Holler at andy@ultimarc.com to see if he has any extra insight.
- Daniel Mercer Art