Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Wing VS Tie Fighter Cocktail  (Read 3842 times)

efp9teen78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 08:53:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Wing VS Tie Fighter Cocktail
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:30:59 pm »
This is a project thats more in the tail end of being complete. Its been a slow process I ordered a midway cocktail cab kit and a 2 player widescreen bar top kit from the great Haruman well over a year ago now. Only few thing left to call this one complete and possibly the hardest few things lol. I need glass clips to get the glass on lock down they are currently in route from twisted quarter probably the easiest in list of left to do. Need to slowly go thru the list of mame games and set the ones that have cocktail dip switches to that and the ones that don't mirror 2nd player controls or what not. This is all ran by a raspberry pi by the way. Lastly and probably most difficult for me anyhow is get the artwork squared away then printed off and placed on her. Like title of thread suggests I am shooting for a Xwing Vs Tie theme. I have a loose image of what I want in my head but getting that out and in gimp or photo shop to get printed off is where the struggles start lol

Here are some pics of the inside of the cab. Wire management isn't the bet I have ever seen but its not the worst either lol.

efp9teen78

• Offline Offline
Re: X-Wing VS Tie Fighter Cocktail
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »
Now here some of the cab it self

efp9teen78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:52:39 pm »
I want to do the control panels with this style of images one side xwing and the other tie of course but skills in gimp are very lacking these are set in 6 button layout but I only need a 3 button layout and my admin buttons are of course below not above like here. Id like to also make it a black background instead of blue if you cant tell in my pics kinda have a black red and white color scheme going in my man cave lol 

Heres some more clip art of various images I like and wanna somehow work into the rest of the cab. Fisrt pic is just a random other cocktail that I like the design of the artwork just not they theme or color scheme lol

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:55:35 pm »
gonna ask a dumb question but how do these work for 2 player games?? guessing its meant to be played with turn based games?

cabinet looks good :burgerking:

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:52:14 am
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 10:13:56 pm »
gonna ask a dumb question but how do these work for 2 player games?? guessing its meant to be played with turn based games?

cabinet looks good :burgerking:

Some are turn base, some split the screen. There are a few that have a full screen multi play also.

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 08:27:06 pm »
Did you create a nice pi image for vertical games only? can I get that from (without roms of course lol) ? unless something like that is already online I am checking now. or just have to make it myself.

thx!! I am putting this together for someone but not really familiar with just vertical games only.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:28:52 pm by SNAAKE »