Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WTB: 25" arcade monitor bezel (can't find them anywhere online)  (Read 2365 times)

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
WTB: 25" arcade monitor bezel (can't find them anywhere online)
« on: November 16, 2016, 10:40:53 am »
Hello! I need a 25" bezel for my TMNT arcade restoration. Apparently these are the dimensions:

Supposedly they are identical for TMNT 1, The Simpsons, and the 1 screen XMen game. I can't find this thing anywhere; not even eBay, so if someone has one to sell, please let me know! Thank you!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: WTB: 25" arcade monitor bezel (can't find them anywhere online)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:27 am »
NOS bezel for 25" monitor ( http://www.arcadeadventures.com/25-monitor-bezel-nos/ )

IF you don't mind used there is the arcade boneyard ( http://thearcadeboneyard.com/monitor_bezels/plastic_monitor_bezels.php )

Or you could always build one yourself :

! No longer available

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:38:13 am »
Hmm, yeah that is harder to find then I would think it would be. Anyway, my driving cabs had 25" monitors in them, I still have the bezels... I can check the dimensions of the screen area when I get home if you want. You would definitely have to cut it down though because I believe the outside width is around 28.5...

let me know.

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:23:48 pm »
NOS bezel for 25" monitor ( http://www.arcadeadventures.com/25-monitor-bezel-nos/ )

IF you don't mind used there is the arcade boneyard ( http://thearcadeboneyard.com/monitor_bezels/plastic_monitor_bezels.php )

Or you could always build one yourself :

! No longer available

Thanks for looking out. I saw the first link but unfortunately the measurements aren't correct.

The second link seems to be all for Sammy monitors (mine is a WG).
Again I appreciate the help regardless!

Hmm, yeah that is harder to find then I would think it would be. Anyway, my driving cabs had 25" monitors in them, I still have the bezels... I can check the dimensions of the screen area when I get home if you want. You would definitely have to cut it down though because I believe the outside width is around 28.5...

let me know.

I don't mind cutting at all! As long as the "inner" opening matches properly (I wouldn't want any of the frame of the monitor showing, nor would I want any of the screen to be blocked).

Thanks and let me know!

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
Okay so mine might be too small maybe? Here are the dimensions.

Outside 21.25 High x 28.25 wide

Inside 15.25 High x 20.25 wide...

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 10:34:10 am »
Okay so mine might be too small maybe? Here are the dimensions.

Outside 21.25 High x 28.25 wide

Inside 15.25 High x 20.25 wide...

Yeah unfortunately too small, especially on the outside, would be a problem as it would look bad. Unless there is something I can put over it along with the bezel? Like one of those cardboard things that has a square in the center, where they would put all the moves for the characters on? A border I guess it would be called? That would hide that, but I have no idea where to get one of those that would fit. I would just buy poster board and cut it but there's no way I would cut straight lines in the center part so it would come out bad.