Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: COIN ACCEPTOR  (Read 2356 times)

THE LONGPLAYER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2016, 06:39:48 am
  • I build digital jukeboxes
COIN ACCEPTOR
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:16:31 am »
HI ALL

i AM IN THE PROCCESS OF BUILDING AN MP3 JUKEBOX.  MOST OF THE ELECTRONICS IS COMPLETED AND I AM NOW IN THE MIDDLE OF DRAWING UP PLANS FOR THE CABINET.
I WILL BE USING A LK100B COIN ACCEPTOR OR COULD USE THE CH926.  MY QUESTION IS, CAN EITHER OF THESE WORK WHEN NOT MOUNTED VERTICALY?
IT MAY BE THAT I WOULD MOUNT IT IN A PANEL WHICH SLOPES BACK AT ABOUT 45 DEGREES IF THIS WORKS.

ANY IDEAS OR INFO. WOULD BE HELPFUL.  THANKS

THE LONGPLAYER

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:24:01 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: COIN ACCEPTOR
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:35:03 pm »
no they must be mounted within a few degrees of vertical otherwise it throws off the coin scan. (coins roll too fast or too slow)

if you have a sloped front, consider mounting a coin slot in the front and then having a roll down chute to a mechanism like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Vertical-Advanced-CPU-comparable-Coin-selector-TW800-vertical-coin-acceptor-arcade-accessories-for-coin-operator-arcede/607318_32547087482.html

then use another chute to return the coins or accept them wherever you need to.

if you must use this mechanism, consider using a plate to level out the mechanism to match the slope of your front.

I had these ones made to install an electronic mech in a rowe jukebox in the front door:

THE LONGPLAYER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2016, 06:39:48 am
  • I build digital jukeboxes
Re: COIN ACCEPTOR
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:09 am »
Many thanks for your advice Lilshawn.

I did think that may be the problem with installing on a slope but glad to have that confirmed.
I will look at the other options that you have suggested.  I like the idea of a separate front plate and mounting the mech behind and vertical.
I think that there may be several types of mech. that can be installed that way and as I only want to use one coin type I should not have a problem.
Once I have a suitible mech. and a front plate on the bench, I will set about designing the chutes etc.
I will post the finished result here on this forum.

Many Thanks

The Longplayer