Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMI Rowe R-80 Jukebox Carousel Alignment  (Read 2612 times)

The_Shadow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2016, 05:55:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
AMI Rowe R-80 Jukebox Carousel Alignment
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:55:02 pm »
I have recently bought a AMI Rowe R-80 vinyl jukebox with a carousel that holds 200 7" singles.

The unit works but there are two main faults with it that needs resolving:
1) When selecting a single to play the carousel loads a single from a selection that does not correspond to that selected, for example selecting J2 the unit will play J7. How do I reset or realign the carousel to ensure that the correct singles are selected?

2) When the single is selected the tone arm and stylus drops slightly short of the single and does not pick up on the groove of the record. This would appear to be a minor adjustment but I cannot find any information or video clips to show me how to adjust this for this model of jukebox.

Any help or guidance would be very gratefully appreciated. I have wanted a vinyl jukebox for many years and, having only very recently bought one, am very new to this and would like to restore this unit into a fully functional state.

Cheers,

Colin aka The Shadow

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: AMI Rowe R-80 Jukebox Carousel Alignment
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:14:06 am »
Hello Colin,

All that is covered in any of the 1100/1200 manuals, from the 1963 Model L through to the 1979 R-83.

I have left you a message on Ebay to contact me.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK