Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Bally Evel Knievel Home Model

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ken Layton:
That Evel Knievel looks great!

The original power transformer didn't have much for amperage for the general illumination circuit. The game desperately needed more lights in my opinion and adding more incandescent lamps would have overloaded the power transformer and connectors. This is one of those times where LED bulbs saved the day and allowed you to add more bulbs & light. I love your idea with the LED chasing lights on the busses, brilliant! Your game really "Pops" now!

A suggestion: put color changing LED bulbs in the pop bumpers.

chopperthedog:
Thanks for the kind props guys.

--- Quote from: Ken Layton on October 31, 2016, 01:45:19 am ---That Evel Knievel looks great!

The original power transformer didn't have much for amperage for the general illumination circuit. The game desperately needed more lights in my opinion and adding more incandescent lamps would have overloaded the power transformer and connectors. This is one of those times where LED bulbs saved the day and allowed you to add more bulbs & light. I love your idea with the LED chasing lights on the busses, brilliant! Your game really "Pops" now!

A suggestion: put color changing LED bulbs in the pop bumpers.

--- End quote ---
Thank you sir. I have tried numerous leds (in small quantities) from all the major sellers and I am just not an led guy and need that incandescent glow. I did do new Trifurcon terminals on all major power connections throughout the game. As for adding bulbs to the play field and back box, I think it levels out with the fact that it's all #555 bulbs now instead of the higher draw original #147. No, to a color changer in the pop bumpers, ;D I love the #455 bulb in the pops too much to change and I really wish I could find a stash of about 5 boxes of the original GE #455. The modern eiko's just don't cut it, the older ones have a much more random and spastic nature to the blinking pattern.

good day.

Ken Layton:
Any pictures with the backglass taken out so we can see the chaser LEDs you installed?

I see that the chaser kit is a Velleman # MK173 (Jameco # 2196537).

chopperthedog:

--- Quote from: Ken Layton on November 02, 2016, 02:13:39 am ---Any pictures with the backglass taken out so we can see the chaser LEDs you installed?
--- End quote ---
I don't, plus this version with the plastic frame is a pain. It's just a 9" x 1" strip of 1/16" black hdpe with holes spaced to hold 3mm amber leds. I only like taking the glass out with head laying down on this one, fireball is just 3 screws and safer to work with the glass.

Got a new phone and did a couple quick videos tests.

Came across the slo-motion feature (first for me) on the new device and shot a quick one with fireball. Pretty neat stuff to watch.

good day.

Jeffhuffman0000001:
Great thread. I'm new to the forum and have the Evel Knievel home model,been in the family since new,and just quit working,hopefully with help from forum members like you,I will be able to get it back to life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version