Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SlikStick Tornado Spinner help - Need to switch axis  (Read 1906 times)

pahchay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2016, 01:06:54 am
SlikStick Tornado Spinner help - Need to switch axis
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:37:30 am »
It's been years since I built my MAME cabinet and the only thing I haven't been able to do is switch the axis on the SlikStick Tornado spinner.
It didn't come with any instructions or wiring diagram and I don't want to fry it by moving the jumper around willy nilly.

It plugs in via USB port and is recognized immediately upon plugin as a mouse. The problem is, it is controlling the "Y" axis.  It works really well, but I can't get mame to recognize anything but the "X" axis. When I enable mouse input, it always looks for x axis even when I'm setting the controls manually.

Some of these came with a jumper that would switch axis, but I haven't seen the board for my spinner anywhere, even with an image search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are photos of the board:

1 picture = 1000 words
Millipicture = 1 word

pahchay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2016, 01:06:54 am
Re: SlikStick Tornado Spinner help - Need to switch axis
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:06:54 am »
Also thought I would mention that I'm using this in conjunction with a trackball and it works fine together with the spinner.  It's like I have 2 mouse devices.  When I just plug the spinner in, it still controls the "Y" axis, so it's not some kind of conflict.  There's a single jumper that when jumped totally freaks out my computer and it's not good.  Stuff starts to shut down and the computer doesn't like it :-/
If I use a batch program to swap axes, I don't want the track ball to switch too.  It's fine the way it is.
1 picture = 1000 words
Millipicture = 1 word

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:43:24 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: SlikStick Tornado Spinner help - Need to switch axis
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:27 am »
Your PCB part number is 95-2780-00, same as the one sl33p3r was troubleshooting here.

There's a Vertical/Horizontal switch (SW1) on the other side of the PCB next to the optos.   ;D

Scott