Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe R88 continuous speaker noise  (Read 2386 times)

Koeppen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2016, 12:41:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe R88 continuous speaker noise
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
I have a Rowe R-88 jukebox.  There is a hum that increases with the volume increase.  Note this short Youtube vid:

I've replaced the capacitors in the amp and the capacitors for the speakers.  I've tested the power supply capacitors and they are good.  I did notice that the power supply had been rewired at some point.  The hum is still there.

So I started to disconnect everything in an effort to locate a grounding issue.  Then I unplugged everything from the power supply.  With the power supply turned on and with everything unplugged from the power supply to the jukebox components, there is a quite hum coming from the speakers????

Any ideas?  Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the power supply.  I can't think of anything else.

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe R88 continuous speaker noise
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:18:00 am »
Hello Koeppen,

Is this noise that increases when the volume is turned up during play or when the jukebox is at standstill?

If it is whilst the jukebox is at rest then you can not have the mute plug connected or the connection are incorrect.

Check that the two pin connection is plugged in on the pre-amplifier board and that the six pin Mute Molex plug is connected.

The last time we tested for a similar issue it was down to a bad connection on the Mechanism Control loom.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK