Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for Rowe R-84 Prelude Title Glass....  (Read 2109 times)

John_coate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2017, 11:28:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Looking for Rowe R-84 Prelude Title Glass....
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:11:59 pm »
Hello All...
I'm restoring a Rowe R-84 Prelude and am looking for a replacement Title Glass (the large piece of glass on front that cover the title strips).  Funny thing is happening to mine. There are several blotchy spots where the artwork /decal is de-laminateing from the glass. I may try to reheat it to see if can be reattached. If not, I'd like to replace it.  That's where you all come in.
Does anyone have a R-84 prelude glass front hanging around (we can negotiate cost), or, does anyone have any experience reattaching blotchy artwork / decal?

Thanks much for any assistance.

John Coate
Olympia, WA
360-561-9417
jdcoate@comcast.net

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Looking for Rowe R-84 Prelude Title Glass....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:20:47 am »
Hi John,

Sadly I am on the other side of the pond. If you can not manage to get one please contact me.

Try www.jukeboxparts.com, I assume he may one.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

John_coate

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2017, 11:28:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:28:51 am »
Hello Alan... thank you for your note.  I am still looking for the front glass for an R-84 Prelude.  Here's an interesting story for you.  I recently worked with a Sicker / Decal maker in Canada.  They have an artwork department that tried to recreate the original artwork on the R-84.  I sent them photo's and dimensions and color suggestions.  After about a month they sent me a finished decal that looks amazingly great! Until light is shined from behind... then the colors completely wash out and look very drab.  Too bad,,, I was hopeful this could work.

Anyway, if you know of anyone on this side of the pond that may have an original, please let me know how to contact them. In the meantime, we all appreciate the amazing amount of knowledge you continue to spread around about these old jukeboxes... please keep up the good work!

John from Olympia, Washington

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 06:13:04 am »
Hi John,

Google John Duree at www.jukeboxparts.com to see if he has a R-84 Prelude glass, alternatively you could always buy one off of us, sadly the delivery costs would be very high, but the exchange rate is good for you at the moment.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK