Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is e-mail notification on bumped threads working for you? [solved]  (Read 3620 times)

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Is anyone else having the same problem as Isamu?
Why am I not getting email replies to bumped threads? :(

Not sure if this needs to be fixed at the server by Saint or if users can fix it by re-applying some account settings.   :dunno

Scott
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:26:04 pm by PL1 »

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: Is e-mail notification on bumped threads working for you?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
I got a "Topic reply:" email at 12:12 PM EDT. As long as I read the reply while logged on with my forum ID, I get more emails. If I get the email on my phone and jump to here from that email, it doesn't count as being read because I'm not logged into the forum on my phone.

If the forum doesn't know that it was you who read the reply, you won't get an more notifications on that topic.

When it doesn't seem to be working for me, I go to the New Replies button and click either the Last Post button for the particular topic, or the Mark all messages as read button on the New Replies page. That seems to get things straightened out if it's not a site-wide issue.

You can also check the Notifications section of your profile to confirm that you have notifications turned on, and for which threads. Edit: This is also where you can tell the board to notify you even if you haven't read the last one, but that could get irritating if you're only marginally interested in a hot topic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:37:06 pm by nexusmtz »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Is e-mail notification on bumped threads working for you?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:25:20 pm »
Confirmed.
OK you can disregard... I think it's because I didn't read the thread from the last email notification I got and thus, no more notifications were sent. I now got one for this thread a few hours ago so it seems to be working OK now. My bad. Make sure you click those notification links gentlemen ;)

Scott