Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

An early Happy Birthday to Ridge Racer 7 and why I'm so HAPPY right now!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

isamu:
Yeah, we can only hope Namco comes to their senses and announces a new RR(hopefully with VR and full FFB support) at some point in our life time. I'd take a remake of RR2 PSP in a heartbeat.

sonik:
Hi.
How the game plays with a supported wheel? It's any good?

I've tested it with a G27. The game does work with it.
Gas, Brake, Steering works, but the gameplay does not feel right, and the ffb is broken (auto center, and just some bizarre rumble effects).

I need to put back my gimx adapter. I've dismantled it when I've got a drivehub.

Edit:
I've found this on logitech's site:
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-hk/articles/360025337673--FAQ-G27-Racing-Wheel

PlayStation3 game compatibility with Logitech G25 and G27 racing wheels
Ridge Racer 7: Supports 200 rotation, Force Feedback

Plus this:
The G25 will function for PS3 games if at least one of the following conditions is met:

The game supports the Driving Force and Driving Force EX wheels
The game supports the Driving Force Pro
The game supports the G25

isamu:
The game does not support the G25 or the G27 properly. The only wheels RR7 *OFFICIAL* supports is the Logitech Driving Force and DF EX. Even the DF Pro has issues(centering too stiff, etc). You will need to use your gimx adapter to emulate the Driving Force wheel, and then you can use the G27 or any wheel you want.

I haven't played the game on my PS3 using gimx in forever, but when I did, I played using my Leo Bodnar wheel, Heusinkveld Pedals, and Quaife H-Pattern shifter. None of these even work on the ps3 but thanks to gimx, it tricked the PS3 and RR7 into the thinking I was using a Driving Force, and the results were excellent. No centering steering issue, proper FFB and everything.

I will say however, that despite the game's ffb functioning properly on my setup, the FFB itself isn't the greatest in the world. Namco basically programmed it to deliver vibration and a few torque effects here and there. But then you have to remember this is a VERY old game and Namco isn't exactly known for their force feedback expertise lol.

sonik:
Thanks for the reply!
I will put my gimx back to work.

Do you know what's the deal with "webman"? I do have it installed. It can cause any problem with the game?

isamu:

--- Quote from: sonik on November 09, 2023, 04:03:16 pm ---Thanks for the reply!
I will put my gimx back to work.

Do you know what's the deal with "webman"? I do have it installed. It can cause any problem with the game?

--- End quote ---

"webman" ? never heard of it sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version