Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Expandable Modular CP – Finished - Mouse buttons Update  (Read 21217 times)

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 12:19:16 pm
Re: Expandable Modular CP – Finished - Mouse buttons Update
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 04:29:15 pm »
gbeef:
the rails are miter slot and T-bar combo rails from peachtree woodworking, I got a 4 foot set for about $30.  the gear and rack was another $50 or so from mcmaster carr. 

something to think about:  My sliding panels slide in the same track on both sides, so they are limited in how far out they can go.  My middle panel is about 12" max.  it is possible to go wider than 12", but it gets complicated.  the tracks for each wing will have to interlock, I.e. you need four tracks rather than two so you can get more extension.  I am not explaining this well.  My setup is like a regular drawer system where part of the box is still in the cabinet.  you would need a full extension drawer system to get the sides out further, if you follow.   I will see if I can make a quick sketch and post it to clarify this. 

Are you a Michael Park/wrc fan (screen name and driving cab - possible connection?)  Big WRC and F1 fan here.

HippoDan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 08:16:54 am
Re: Expandable Modular CP – Finished - Mouse buttons Update
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2021, 08:53:13 pm »
I'm now working on a similar expandable control panel concept.  I just found this thread.  All the pictures are long gone.  Does anybody have pictures of this build?  I'd really love to see it, and it would prevent me from reinventing the wheel.