Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Has anyone gotten anything from North Coast Custom Arcades recently?  (Read 5351 times)

cruton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2016, 03:26:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I am completely new to the idea of mame machines, however I am still interested in getting an arcade machine of my own, and while I would love to build one myself, I am not confident in my ability to do so. To that regard I have been looking into the option of getting a pre-made machine, in particular from North Coast Custom Arcades ( https://www.mameroom.com ), and am wondering if anyone has gotten anything from them recently.

I have found several reviews from 5 or 6 years ago that are generally pretty positive, stating that their machines are expensive but solid and capable, with fast turn around after ordering. Their site boasts claims of systems with 15,000 games with a lifetime warranty, a focus on customer satisfaction, and the option of completely custom arcades. This all sounds very appealing, however I haven't really been able to find much in the way of positive feedback about them recently. The few sporadic responses I have seen recently tend to show things have gone downhill, mentioning weak and slow hardware, outdated emulator software that won't run many games properly, and general lack of communication from their customer support.

Has anyone purchased anything from North Coast Custom Arcades in the last year or so, and if so what was your experience with them? Are they offering the level of quality that they claim to be? Any feedback would be appreciated.

jonathan.rowe.75

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:31:03 pm
Re: Has anyone gotten anything from North Coast Custom Arcades recently?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:04:50 am »
I purchased the UAII afew years back and paid incrementally. Although it helped that I live 45 minutes away from his shop. I didn't go all out with his wired button system; went with choice of assembling it myself. I have the X-Arcade Tankstick, so he made an insert that sits above the keyboard. I've had my cabinet for about 5-6 years now and still love it. I'd get another one if I had the space in my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2016, 03:26:15 am
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:26:54 am »
I purchased the UAII afew years back . . .

Thanks for the feedback. This seems to match up with everything else I have heard. 5+ years ago it seems like this was a fantastic place to get a cabinet from. I just want to make sure that they offer that same level of quality now. I live on the east coast, so there is no real way for me to stop by if I had any questions or concerns. Again, I am absolutely interested in getting a cabinet of my own, but hesitant to Put any money toward anything without knowing more about what I might get for it.

If you don't mind me asking, if you remember, how was it working with NCCAs to get your UAII built? I'd assume not a lot has changed in the way of classic arcade games in the last 5 years, but even still, how do you feel your cabinet is holding up? Is any of the hardware feeling dated or having any trouble processing anything? How many games does your UAII run, and have you ever had any problems with any of them?

jonathan.rowe.75

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:31:03 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:24:02 am »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk