Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bartop artwork concept. Could use some opinions  (Read 3083 times)

killbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:18:07 pm
  • When I die, I want to go to arcade heaven!
Bartop artwork concept. Could use some opinions
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:24:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm in the process of building my first bartop. (my 3rd cab overall). Have a concept and wanted to get some thoughts. My other three cabs were just basic black cabs with a collage marquee. I want to make this one a little more artistically pleasing.  :)

The theme will be based on the game Altered Beast. I'm considering using slightly modified versions of the original marquee and side art (original images attached):

I'm not too crazy about the original cp artwork though. Image attached

Looking for ideas and thoughts on artwork modifications. Was considering altering the side art to cover the entire sides of the cab.
On another note, I'm using two red ball top U360s. I'm trying to figure out what color buttons to get. A this point I'm considering all black, all white, or P1 red P2 blue.  I know I need to settle on final cp art before deciding but any opinions on button color combos?
Any advice or ideas are very appreciated.

Thanks.
J

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:04:32 pm by killbill »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Bartop artwork concept. Could use some opinions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:49:10 pm »
You need to knock up some concepts really, no point in critiquing original artwork :p

But if you use the same marquee maybe use blue/red buttons to match the eyes?

killbill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:18:07 pm
  • When I die, I want to go to arcade heaven!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:03:34 pm »
Thanks for the input Titchgamer. Yeah, I started with a couple of ideas, but I was pretty embarrassed about how they were looking, so I thought maybe the OG art might be a place to start in terms of gathering ideas while I try and put together something good enough to post. Thanks for the button color idea. I like it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:16:20 pm by killbill »

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:50:08 pm »
I am in a similar boat with my current project.

One cool aspect of this is the eyes on the Marquee IMO. Reminds me of the Houdini eyes. It could look cool with the eyes part darkened some, to make the Logo pop. Or maybe it would make a cool side art, tho the original has lots more going on. I always liked the eyes tho. The control panel is pretty basic, you could do just about anything.

Are you interested in something colourful? Are there cabs you like that may be good examples of the aesthetic you're after? May help with providing suggestions.