Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Force Radeon to XL Cabinet  (Read 2760 times)

otsep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 02:25:24 pm
  • I'm your huckleberry...
Megatouch Force Radeon to XL Cabinet
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:30:07 am »
Got a buddy with a working Force Radeon that has a bad tube and he asked me about moving his part to an upright cabinet.

Has anyone around here done this before?  I'm guessing it should be fairly simple, but Megatouch unit always seem to have a gotcha. lol
Vids: Namco Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama
Pins: Aerosmith Pro, ST Premium Vault, Beatles Gold

Remember Wheaton's Law

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:10:40 pm
Re: Megatouch Force Radeon to XL Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:56:07 am »
Aside from finding a place to mount the mobo and ioboard , the only issue i could see is the touchscreen glass not working with the force touchscreen controller if the XL has a ELO touchscreen. If it has the 3M microtouch SMT-3 then you can just swap the black force controller out and your good to go.

You will probably need to use the force power supply aswell and depending how the switch in the back is wired you might have to splice something like a surge protector in to the hot, nuetral, and ground so everthing turns on when you flip the switch.