Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

Raspberry Pi 3 Booting into single rom

(1/8) > >>

philby95:
Hi All,

Here is another way to boot into a single rom on a pi. This is using retropie 4.02

Use win32diskimager to install retropie on your sd card.
Setup retropie as per normal configuring controllers and adding roms etc.

Exit emulationstation to the retropie prompt.

type sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

when this opens you should see one line of commands, it must stay as one line.
look for console=tty1 replace it with console=tty3
at the end of the line add, quiet loglevel=3 then add logo.nologo

control x to bring up exit hit Y then enter to overwrite

type sudo nano /boot/config.txt
scroll to bottom of file add the following lines
disable_splash=1
avoid_warnings=1

this will stop the raspberry temperture icon showing during boot.

You need to enable splashscreens.
The Splash Screen Menu can be accessed from the RetroPie Menu in EmulationStation or through the setup script under option 3.
Choose Own Splashscreen: Once you've opened up the splashscreen menu in the setup script at least once a folder will be created in /home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens you can also access this splashscreens folder from samba shares once its created. (Note you may need to install or restart samba shares from the setup script for the splashscreens folder to show up over samba shares) Make sure you create a new folder to place your splashscreen in
I created a folder called splashscreen black and placed the png file in there.

Open the splashscreen menu, choose splashscreen you then should see your custom splashscreen folder choose the file you added as your splashscreen.

reboot and hopefully you should see no boot messages

booting into a single rom

On RetroPie 4.0 there is /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh edit it
and add as the top line
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ mame-mame4all ~/RetroPie/roms/mame-mame4all/romname
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ mame-libretro ~/RetroPie/roms/mame-libretro/romname

Here is a quick vid of it booting up, no boot text, straight into the rom.

cheers

Phil

MikeAlex:
Thanks for that, I was trying to do this for a long time! Cheers!

Slippyblade:
I'm still at a loss why you'd go through all the extra overhead of RetroPie if it's just running a single ROM.  Oh well, if it works for ya, go with it.

philby95:
I guess because retropie makes it easy to setup and configure controllers etc.

jamesjones626:

--- Quote from: Slippyblade on September 09, 2016, 12:52:28 pm ---I'm still at a loss why you'd go through all the extra overhead of RetroPie if it's just running a single ROM.  Oh well, if it works for ya, go with it.

--- End quote ---
Sometimes you just care about one game so why go through the trouble of going through the menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version