Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trying to find plans for specific bartop  (Read 2995 times)

armedgeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2016, 07:00:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Trying to find plans for specific bartop
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:01:49 am »
I'm trying to figure out what type of material can be used to create this control panel in the attached image. I want to add this less than 90 degree angle with the one or two inch section hanging down off the control panel. I understand it can be done with steel, but i have no tools to bend it. Also, the actual cabinet in the attached imagine is built out of 13mm PVC. Due to this, i'm guessing the control panel isn't wood, using wood filler of some soft and sanded to create the rolled edge.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this? I thought about just using plexi, using a heat gun and bending it like this myself.

Does anyone have the actual dimensions/plans for this specific cabinet? This is the same cabinet sold on tinyarcademachines.com and it looks so much better than the original weecade/other bartop versions. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. The only information i can find is the below ebay link where he used to sell the actual flat kits. The maker doesn't seem to sell the kit anymore and now sells them as complete builds on his tinyarcade url. If i could get ahold of one, i would at least buy it and make my own template for future builds. If anyone has any clue or can help me i would greatly appropriate it. I have been trying to figure out these plans for this cabinet for a while now. My biggest concern is the actual angles of the side panels, i need a good template! If someone helps me get the dimensions specific to the bartop build below, i'll give you FTP access to my personal drive with a complete hyperspin setup including 56 full systems and separate directories for individual systems, art video you name it. There is literally 6 TB to go through. I'm desperate and sick of wasting wood attempting to build this same design.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCADE-CABINET-MACHINE-KIT-DIY-FLAT-PACK-MAME-2-PLAYER-BARTOP-/320969907260?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

another sample image of the cabinet

http://www.w3sh.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Mini-Arcade-Machines-2.jpg

Titchgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Trying to find plans for specific bartop
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:22:58 am »
You can use a router to round the edge of the wood dont over think it.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: Trying to find plans for specific bartop
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:27:48 am »
That *is* the weecade design with just a minor modification to the bottom edge of the side panels...