Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does Anyone Have Any experience With Silver Streak Bowling 2009 troubleshooting?  (Read 3718 times)

proaudiosoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2018, 07:40:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I Just bought a silver streak bowling 2009 arcade game, Nothing comes up on screen, and no sound. Light on cab are on, fans running, and computer seems to be running, going to check more. The monitor is black but in dark lighting i can tell it is lit dimmed. Thought someone experienced with these might tell me what to look for?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:50:26 pm by proaudiosoft »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Moderators, I am hoping this posting is allowed since I legally own this machine.
No problem per Rule 5.   ;D
5. Nothing illegal! Do I even need to explain this one? Need a ROM to repair an arcade board you own? Fine to talk about.
My only request is that anyone who wants to tell Proaudiosoft where to download the image, please send the link to him via PM or e-mail instead of posting the link here in the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
It turns out my drive is ok. Its super quiet so i thought it was dead. I edited my post, hoping to get some troubleshooting tips... Thanks :)

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
It looks as though motherboard is bad. Does a replacement need to be original?

otsep

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 02:25:24 pm
  • I'm your huckleberry...
It looks as though motherboard is bad. Does a replacement need to be original?

My Bowl O Rama requires you bu th drive, motherboard and I/O board together since they're tied together.  I'm not sure if SS if the same way.
Vids: Namco Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama
Pins: Aerosmith Pro, ST Premium Vault, Beatles Gold

Remember Wheaton's Law

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
the motherboard must be the same make and model. the software installed to the drive is configured as such to only have the drivers for that specific intel board installed with it. (or any other board used in that game previously to that year) for example... a golden tee 2014 can use any board used in any previous year machine but not any boards used after. (no drivers in the OS for newer hardware)

but yes, you can easily find a replacement board on ebay, just search for the intel # (like DB862 or whatever)

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
the motherboard must be the same make and model. the software installed to the drive is configured as such to only have the drivers for that specific intel board installed with it. (or any other board used in that game previously to that year) for example... a golden tee 2014 can use any board used in any previous year machine but not any boards used after. (no drivers in the OS for newer hardware)

but yes, you can easily find a replacement board on ebay, just search for the intel # (like DB862 or whatever)

I have a new board. Looks like I have a bad hard drive as well. Does anyone know where the CID is stored on the drive. I have backups of the partitions. I am going to try and restore to another drive using acronis. Should I use MBR or GPT?

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
 I Tried to recover on a different disk using Acronis. When trying to boot the new disk I get an infinite loop L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99......

Not sure what went wrong. It did ask me if I wanted to use MBR or GPT to restore, I chose MBR. Also there was a checkbox: recover disk signature, I did not check it. Any input anyone? I am going to try GPT now....

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
Got past the L 99 99 99 stuff by checking Recover sector by sector in acronis. Tested at my bench, it booted then finally said something about disconected i/o hardware. So I install the Nighthawk back in the machine and turned on. It was making it to a point then pointed out disk errors that it would try to repair. It would then re-boot and just keep looping doing this over and over.
Does any one have the Image, and know where the CID is stored on the hard drive?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
well u skipped a step
what u should be doing is a scan disk of the hard drive bit by bit
go get paritionwizzard9 it is freeware
and run its surface test on the hard drive in question
if there is errors ?  u have a few but limited options here.
will go into detail once u report back about the surface scan. and btw before anyone scoffs about the surface scan
think again before you type. it is very important with these systems

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

otsep

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 02:25:24 pm
  • I'm your huckleberry...
well u skipped a step
will go into detail once u report back about the surface scan. and btw before anyone scoffs about the surface scan

ed

+1 for surface scan.  It's a good tool for any purpose built system. Especially *nix variants that have limited error reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vids: Namco Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama
Pins: Aerosmith Pro, ST Premium Vault, Beatles Gold

Remember Wheaton's Law

proaudiosoft

• Offline Offline
well u skipped a step

ed

Thank you. The original drive that was in there I backed up a couple days ago when I got the machine. It stopped working the next time I tried to use it. The new drive is a 500gb I had laying around. I checked it with the partition wizard tool, sure enough, bad sectors started popping up. I tried to resize and move about 85gb, bad sectors all over. I am currently using HDD Regenerator. Its at about 5.20% right now, but has recovered 41 of 41 bad sectors. I will try again when it is finished. Ultimately I want to put an sd card in its place if possible. If not, a compact flash or ssd. I will report my results with hhd regen, and acronis
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:49:55 pm by proaudiosoft »

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
right.. that's what I thought with l9 l9 l9 and then boot re-boot problem.
first problem is easy to over come. which u did >remember that step< it is important
2nd more difficult problem , is the fact winblows made a .bak and or .bat file which the master mbr will look at >at boot<
u must find and edit these out to show no SECTOR ERRORS FOUND , this is important u most find that on YOUR original image of the hard drive
and edit it  to reflect 0.
if u do not do this u will only be copying the same error over to your new hard drive and be going wtf all day long
btw the > "cid: key is a 4 part hash.<

question for u
>HDD Regenerator< WHY ?

ed
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:18:41 pm by ed12 »
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
going to have to get a drive and start fresh. these machines and the linux OS doesn't take well to repairing of the drives.

you really don't want to cheap out and stick a used drive in there because then you end up with exactly this. it works a few times...then PTHHHT!

unfortunately the way IT games has their games set up, you must either buy a new drive from them, or borrow a working drive and clone your own.

on the plus side... an HD from IT is only about 125 US buckaroos. which is not bad, considering.

http://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/support/PriceList_SSB_01_16.pdf