Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala won`t start games from other Emulators  (Read 608 times)

Commander Keen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mala won`t start games from other Emulators
« on: September 04, 2016, 10:00:31 am »
Hallo, maybe you can help me with my Mala based problem that ist starting to drive me crazy. :badmood:

My Mala is all set up. Mame just works fine. But every other Emulator wonīt.

The romlist shows my roms, but when i try to start one of them, well nothing happens.

My other rom config is set up like in this tutorial video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH9JdZQSQJ4

I set up my presets for every emulator like given, fusion and so on...

What about the pre- and post commands? Are they needed to get the Emulators to run?

Has anyone an example for how to set them up, cause im not really to much into that...
I already tried some, but it wasnīt helpful so far. :dizzy:

thankīs a lot!

DaredevilDave

• Offline Offline
  • Yes, I really am still working on it!
Re: Mala won`t start games from other Emulators
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:38:31 pm »
I can try to help. That video is really long, can you point us to a place where it shows what you are describing?

My only other emulator right now is Model 2. I can share how I set that up, there isn't much to it but maybe it'll help somehow.

For model 2 in MAME:

Executable:
<your path>\Model2\emulator_multicpu.exe

Rom Path:
<your path>\roms

Rom extensions:
zip

Under the "execution" tab:
emulator_multicpu.exe %rom%

That's all I use and it runs whatever SEGA Model 2 game I have in my MaLa list. You may need different info for different emulators.

I don't know if that helps you, I'd kinda need more info. I'm still also pretty new to this so maybe someone else can help.
My Custom Motorcycle Cabinet Build For Custom Game (Daredevil Dave):
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151106.0.html

Commander Keen

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Mala won`t start games from other Emulators
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:15:58 am »
I think I solved a  big part of the problem!

I donīt know why but Mala 1.74 seemed to be the issue. I installed the beta version of 1.82 or so (the newest one) and it seems to work.  :dunno

I only tried fusion so far, but it worked after setting up Executable, Rom Path and execution.

In the Video it is from 12:47min, about setting up the command line. Not exactly sure if that is/was the main problem, but Iīm always coming back to this point.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31