Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala Frontend "Error reading tree file"  (Read 2850 times)

motleyjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2016, 04:02:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mala Frontend "Error reading tree file"
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:18:41 pm »
Hello. New here, thanks for reading and possibly helping. When I start up Mala the 1st thing that happens every time is I get an error message that says "Error reading tree file". I can exit out of the error message and go on to Mala fine after that, it is just very annoying to get that error EVERY TIME I start up. I don't want to use the tree, I am very happy with my current setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have searched and searched and found no answers..Thank you...Joe

Scassidy24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2023, 11:56:34 am
  • I love my Nostalgia Machine
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150379.0.html
Re: Mala Frontend "Error reading tree file"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:47:47 pm »
Make sure that you dont have the "use tree" checkbox enabled.
from your main mala screen right click to bring up the menu, the click configuration, the go to the GUI tab, and under that the Layout tab, and see if "use tree" is checked. if so , uncheck it .

hope that helps if you're still around looks like its been almost a month since you posted.