Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyMAME 0.227 - Switchres v0.017t  (Read 436489 times)

mmandrea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2023, 08:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GroovyMAME 0.197 - Switchres v0.017h
« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2018, 03:29:16 pm »
No updates since April? Is this project still being maintained? Thanks in advance.

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #721 on: July 13, 2018, 04:23:06 am »
Is this project still being maintained?

Alive and kicking. Sure, we've missed a couple builds but Calamity has been busy as ever with support.

See here for his explanation on the lack of builds.

My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

mmandrea

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2023, 08:27:07 pm
« Reply #722 on: July 13, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
Is this project still being maintained?

Alive and kicking. Sure, we've missed a couple builds but Calamity has been busy as ever with support.

See here for his explanation on the lack of builds.

Awesome.  Thanks for letting me know!

Mike

donluca

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:49:51 am
« Reply #723 on: July 18, 2018, 06:33:12 pm »
Besides, I feel like this project has reached a certain maturity. I don't know what possible improvements can be made, other than, maybe, useability ones.

There's the new slice thing which could be looked into, but it looks like asking for trouble for several reasons (drivers having issues with it being the main one).

And then there's the auto-calculation of ideal frame delay value, which would not give any kind of improvement, just automate something which can be done manually.

IMHO, other than adding support for newer MAME versions and new Radeon cards, the project is pretty much set.
On a scale of fakeness, from more genuine to more fake, we'd have:

1.- Plastic plants (cf. Fake Plastic Trees)
2.- Inflatable dolls
3.- Arcade cabinets with LCD monitors

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
« Reply #724 on: July 19, 2018, 04:05:03 am »
And then there's the auto-calculation of ideal frame delay value, which would not give any kind of improvement, just automate something which can be done manually.
Is there a single ideal value though? when you use vsync offset or hlsl you often have to change frame_delay as well anyway.
Correct me if I'm wrong but finding the right frame_delay can be done just playing a game and adjusting with the slider 'live', rather it's an additional slider for vsync offset that would be very useful.

If you wanted to add a cool optional feature after that to round up GM's brand lag reduction abilities, that would be a 'display current delay' option or something in that fashion, you know, showing onscreen how many frames of lag you are currently playing with X game and your GM settings (game/driver lag + GM video lag)

Other than that there's a few little annoyances like when controller inputs getting deleted on next pc restart if you have disconnected the controller in the meantime, or the .ini settings carrying over if you just quit a game and select another one via the mame ui. Though these issues might be MAME issues rather than GM specifically, I don't know, some things that suck like the lack of proper autofire options appear to have been MAME's choice for some unexplainable reason. The issue with savestates though might be GM-specific.

I don't know what to think about the frame slice thing either, it sounds awesome but if MAME is not fit for it Calamity's efforts might be a lot for too little.
While polishing/perfecting what GM already is and finilazing the few fixes/tweaks over time, along the normal mame and crt_emudriver updates, sounds like quite a lot already.
For flat panel users variable refresh rate equipment is slowly but surely becoming more common and accessible, it's even debuted on TVs, so one of those days whatever efforts Calamity and other emu authors have done to fight sync lag and smoothness issues will be obsolated just like that.
(It will probably remain the preferred 15khz solution for a veeeeery long time though)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:10:22 am by schmerzkaufen »

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #725 on: July 19, 2018, 10:18:54 am »
In theory there is always something to do. You know, mame is still changing so from time to time grovymame code needs change as well.

Beside would be nice to see custom modelines integrated stright into mame so modelines could be calculated on the fly but that's probably far too complicated and time waste.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #726 on: July 19, 2018, 12:17:34 pm »
Beside would be nice to see custom modelines integrated stright into mame so modelines could be calculated on the fly but that's probably far too complicated and time waste.

Do you mean to merge Groovy with baseline? Or to implement some extra feature in GroovyMAME?
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #727 on: July 19, 2018, 01:46:50 pm »
Functionality ported from ArcadeOSD into groovymame. Not so long time ago I made many custom modelines and could be faster if modeline created straight in game/driver could be automatically saved in it's ini. Right now You have to open ArcadeOSD, create custom modeline and once You set desired position/geometry copy/paste into game/driver ini and finally run groovymame to see if it's fits nicely.

Some games use for example 320x224 resolution but actual game uses visible playfield 304x224 (neo geo). When I set 2560x240 first time in ArcadeOSD I had to prepare custom modeline a bit wider - left and right edges were not visible in ArcadeOSD to compensate those black borders in game. Basically I had to made 2560x240 but a bit overscan. It's was the reason why I started changing resolutions in many games ans importing MAMEFX/ARCADE3264 features.

Now wonder how much groovymame can be merged into baseline mame.

BTW. Patch for version 197 with only slight changes can used for mame 198 and mame 199 as well current git.

BTW2. Are are some changes in two and more screens handling - https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/f432c4475a31ff077170a8e7743a4cf56a1be80e
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:21:08 pm by haynor666 »

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:39:55 pm
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #728 on: July 19, 2018, 06:33:22 pm »
Though these issues might be MAME issues rather than GM specifically, I don't know, some things that suck like the lack of proper autofire options appear to have been MAME's choice for some unexplainable reason.

"Unexplainable"? External autofire has nothing to do with emulation, so there's no such a thing as "proper autofire options" other than those coded into the game itself.  But if you need a teleological argument, think that this way, people are less encouraged to cheating and also have a better grasp on how the games worked originally.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:43:48 pm by Recapnation »

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #729 on: July 20, 2018, 02:00:17 am »
Autofire in my opinion should be moved outside mame source to plugin source. After all besides some games that have autofire build in it is indeed not a part of emulation.

Current autofire implementation lacks custom button mapping like was in mame32+ and saving it's configuration into game ini. That's probably what schmerzkaufen has in mind.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #730 on: July 20, 2018, 04:26:07 am »
Yes custom mapping and rate, that's really neeeded. It's an enormous misconception to believe autofire is cheating if it wasn't present on the original hardware, some games are played at the higher level with specific autofire rates, Mushihimesama is a famous example, I remember they were even adding a knob to the cabs near the controls.
I know mame devs are religious about emulation 'purity' period, and that's good, but that doesn't mean they know about the games or what gamers do/need, for the latter 'proper' means they have access to the tools they need to play and train, like savestates, displaying hitboxes, and yes indeed also custom autofire, and nobody actually gaming considers that cheating.
If something similar to what's found in the builds (or ex-builds) that feature custom autofire indeed ends up in plugin form and becomes easily accessible then that's perfect, but I think I've read about that a few times since the lastest big rehaul/transformation and some builds like mame+ disappeared, but it has yet to happen, or it's already there but I've missed the news.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:38:30 am by schmerzkaufen »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #731 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:29 am »
The problem with the existing autofire patch (the one taken from MAME+ I think) is that it breaks inputs for the Neogeo driver and probably others, so it's not a viable addition. Hopefully someone knowing the actual autofire requirements looks into the plugin and extends its functionality.
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #732 on: July 20, 2018, 06:29:27 am »
Yes custom mapping and rate, that's really neeeded. It's an enormous misconception to believe autofire is cheating if it wasn't present on the original hardware, some games are played at the higher level with specific autofire rates, Mushihimesama is a famous example, I remember they were even adding a knob to the cabs near the controls.
I know mame devs are religious about emulation 'purity' period, and that's good, but that doesn't mean they know about the games or what gamers do/need, for the latter 'proper' means they have access to the tools they need to play and train, like savestates, displaying hitboxes, and yes indeed also custom autofire, and nobody actually gaming considers that cheating.

If "actually gaming" means turning the games into spreadsheets, I guess I can see some logic there. Fortunately, "actually gaming" is much the opposite -- you're destroying stage development and the suspense by using more than one credit per play or saving states, uglifying the visuals by displaying hitboxes and altering the original mechanics by adding external autofire. And, since those are favourable conditions only some people have access to and just not part of the games' design, you only can call that "cheating", no matter how big the spreadsheets club is these days. So yeah; an enormous misconception, all of it.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #733 on: July 20, 2018, 07:19:44 am »
I don't know where you come from regarding games practices, and you're assuming things I haven't said in my post (like credit-feeding) but tools to analyze the games, exploit/optimize the inputs, and train conveniently have long been widely used and accepted by arcade players, most offcial scoreboards including the highest performances are achieved by players who use those, and they're not penalized. What's considered cheating are things like using infinite lives, invincibility, credit-feeding, stealthily edited replays or hacked roms etc.
No one's using hitboxes revealer or savestates or credit-feed during a run meant to be validated for score/performance, again those tools are to analyze and train for the finality of playing normally.
Custom autofire again is used in several games, in some for entire plays and some just in specific locations in X or Y game, that's normal and not considered cheating since it's not altering the game code itself and avoids carpal tunnel on the long term.
Arcade players aren't the extreme sectarian a number of people imagine for some reason, they follow strict rules for competition but they're also rational because they know the games well, aware that a lot were designed (sometimes stupidly-so) as quarter-munchers before everything, and that bringing the best play out of those without any concessions for learrning and playing means just silly months, when not years, of intense repetition on a single game restarting coin after coin, while using tools to train and autofire can shorten that learning time immensely.
What matters is that in the end you will have acquired the same knowledge and skill level as the guy who played the same game for an unhealthy amount of time of his life, but in a fraction of the time.
If that's 'cheating' for you, well I hope you don't watch sports...

donluca

• Offline Offline
« Reply #734 on: July 20, 2018, 11:30:59 am »
Suddenly, I'm getting a shmups forum vibe from the latest posts.

2.- Inflatable dolls

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #735 on: July 20, 2018, 12:15:16 pm »
Autofire in my opinion should be moved outside mame source to plugin source. After all besides some games that have autofire build in it is indeed not a part of emulation.

Exactly.  You can do lots of interesting things with LUA plugins in MAME.  Here's a thread from 2016...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151810.0
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #736 on: July 20, 2018, 03:53:55 pm »
Suddenly, I'm getting a shmups forum vibe from the latest posts.

Blame me for both instances, if you will. It was me the one who introduced the "true one-credit clear" (that is, the one you get without ever previously "practicing" by going against the game's rules themeselves) discussion there, after all. Like 15~20? years ago, no less. They also found way too revolutionary the idea of emulation becoming totally undistinguishable from real hardware then, if I recall, by the way. I guess many of those clowns are enjoying CRT Emudriver/GM's wonders these days (or they will sooner or later). The irony.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #737 on: July 20, 2018, 04:21:31 pm »
You misunderstand, it's not about 1cc anymore but about pushing further scores that have bean beaten many times over these past two decades precisely, and the trend intensified in recent years with veteran but also completely new and talented players pushing the limits further and further.
I remember when what you say was the commonly accepted rule in the communities (the international english-speaking isn't the only one you know) but things have changed, a lot even. Achieving such scores and mastery the old way is nearly impossible, even the best players of back then had to use the conveniences of emulation to study the games in new ways and stay in the race. The old arcades chivalry was nice and all but modern tools and techniques exist like it or not.

And you're also mistaken about the opinion on emulation, 15khz setups are well regarded and frequently used across retro arcade gaming communities these days indeed (depending on the reliability of the driver though) yet that doesn't change anything about the fact that the ways of learning the games/mentalities have evolved.
Seems too me your references are quite outdated like you've been living under a rock for 15~20 years? and you've built some interesting prejudice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:55:22 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #738 on: July 20, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »
You misunderstand, it's not about 1cc anymore but about pushing further scores that have bean beaten many times over these past two decades precisely, and the trend intensified in recent years with veteran but also completely new and talented players pushing the limits further and further.
I remember when what you say was the commonly accepted rule in the communities (the international english-speaking isn't the only one you know) but things have changed, a lot even. Achieving such scores and mastery the old way is nearly impossible, even the best players of back then had to use the conveniences of emulation to study the games in new ways and stay in the race. The old arcades chivalry was nice and all but modern tools and techniques exist like it or not.

Modern tools to dissect things of the past. Enjoy your spreadsheeting, then. But please, don't lie to newcomers. Don't let them believe that this approach of ignoring the games' own rules in order to make some numbers grow as soon as possible is the "proper" or "evolved" way to play them. Tell them that neither they nor other players, no matter how "expert", are the game's designers. Tell them that the game is, first and foremost, about the suspense of only seeing the next stage if it's thanks to their very own merits. About the magic of thinking and learning the techniques by themselves instead of mimicking some youtuber. About understanding that clearing it is possible without any previous dissection or profanation. And that only when they achieve that, and if they still like the game enough, it's time for score competition, but that it will always be a failed one at that, since there are not universal rulesets/conditions and therefore, some will always have an advantage over others.

And you're also mistaken about the opinion on emulation, 15khz setups are well regarded and frequently used across retro arcade gaming communities these days indeed (depending on the reliability of the driver though) yet that doesn't change anything about the fact that the ways of learning the games/mentalities have evolved.
Seems too me your references are quite outdated like you've been living under a rock for 15~20 years? and you've built some interesting prejudice.

I've been avoiding that forum for 15~20 years most likely, yeah. Never really cared, to be honest, so I don't know. Don't read too deeply into my previous post; that just came to my mind after all these years and found it too pertinent not to mention it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:22:57 pm by Recapnation »

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #739 on: July 21, 2018, 04:40:22 am »
If "actually gaming" means turning the games into spreadsheets, I guess I can see some logic there.

Hahaha! ;D

All that analysis of game mechanics is interesting but, wow, way to ruin the mystique and turn gaming into something boring like... golf.

I grew up in a country town in Australia and we only had video games in the local fish 'n' chip shop. I remember a Japanese tourist playing SF2 in say, 1993: he won the first round against Ryu, went to the counter to order a dim sim (while the second round was lost due to it being player-less) then stood there eating the dim sim while kicking Ryu's ass playing with one hand only (thumb on the joystick, fingers on the buttons). He was even pulling off dragon punches (was playing as Ken)!

No internet, no trainers, no emulators... just sheer mad skills thanks to a youth misspent. :P

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #740 on: July 21, 2018, 05:04:21 am »
Modern tools to dissect things of the past. Enjoy your spreadsheeting, then. But please, don't lie to newcomers.
You're talking alone a bit aren't you? because it doesn't seem you really heard me. Again those who need these tools and analysis are long past beyond discovering the games and beating them, they aim for incredibly high scores and these tools are for them.
You need to distinguish between the normal/average player newcomer and the sportsman. Nobody's lying (aren't you extreme!), nobody's telling newcomers to aim for the olympics from the start, and even though it's true that in recent years a number of the heights-chasing players are new to the world of arcades, it was their own choice to jump in this way and I doubt anyone or any emulator manipulated their minds into approaching the games like that, it's the mentality of the times that's all. Yet again they're not cheating, just optimizing their growth with what's allowed in the discipline, exactly like in most competitive discipline these days. The high-scoring community these days is made of both veterans and younger players, yet they get along very well because I believe there's not much fighting over any ambiguïty regarding the learning methods.

And aside from them no matter the epoch I believe the main flow of players who have more than a vague interest will always discover the games mostly by themselves, going for a one credit clear before thinking of score, because this is what everyone does anyway, that's the common culture and you're wrong if you think it's ignored or forgotten. Really I don't remember hearing much new players say they'd binge-watch replays and use savestates for the sole achievement of a 1cc, and would they have it'd come as obvious to them rather quickly that these tools and videos aren't useful for that, since once again I'm telling you they're conveniences addressing the needs of the competitive tier.

Tell them that the game is, first and foremost, about the suspense of only seeing the next stage if it's thanks to their very own merits. About the magic of thinking and learning the techniques by themselves instead of mimicking some youtuber. About understanding that clearing it is possible without any previous dissection or profanation. And that only when they achieve that, and if they still like the game enough, it's time for score competition, but that it will always be a failed one at that, since there are not universal rulesets/conditions and therefore, some will always have an advantage over others.
As I've just wrote I think people who aren't just giving an arcade game genre are quick look, are aware of the interest and fun of clearing a game by themselves, yet it's natural that they'd talk with other players and gather advice and tips while they do. But if you also see that simple communication as cheating then I think you're fantasizing an ideal a pure ascetic/virgin initial relationship bectween the player and the game. Gamers new or veteran have always been exchanging about the games contents and techniques, long before the internet, before emulators, when there were only magazines, tv shows, meeting in arcades, or at home.
Nothing about exchanging on the contents, the gameplay, tips'n tricks etc ever spoiled the games, it was always part of the experience, games are not some kind of fundamentalist religion or shaolin monk trip. Sure the otakus with extreme ways have always existed in parallel but their views are not the majority nor law.

AAAAANYWAY  ;D back on topic I'd sure love to know how to write that custom autofire LUA plugin myself but after looking a bit into what the deal is, well, there's unfortunately no way I can do it (in this lifetime at least)  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:08:05 am by schmerzkaufen »

donluca

• Offline Offline
« Reply #741 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:39 am »
MAME just released 0.200 and it seems it changed a bunch of things. Hopefully they didn't break anything GM related.

2.- Inflatable dolls

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #742 on: July 26, 2018, 03:19:34 pm »
MAME just released 0.200 and it seems it changed a bunch of things.

How many beers do you think we need to buy Calamity to help him whip up a 0.2 build?!

I'll see if I can find US$10 to open the bar tab...

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #743 on: July 26, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »
Okay... v0.200 encouragement submitted! :)

wolfsoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2023, 07:54:14 am
« Reply #744 on: July 27, 2018, 05:47:35 am »
I want to try a setup with:

-Windows 10 Pro Setup (Version 1803 Build: 17134.191, as is 2018-07-26)
-CRT Emudriver 2.0 Beta 13
-Hantarex PoloStar 25, Sony BVM D32E1WE, Nec Multisync XM29Plus
-groovymame groovymame64_0197.017h_d3d9ex
-Radeon HD4850

Ares there any detailted current Tutorials, for helping me to make it real?

Or what kind of Videocard is the best suggestion?

I want to play mame games and emulators systems too, like genesis,pc engine, snes, old computer,amiga ... videogames, demul all the crazy emu stuff Taito Type X

thanks

http://www.blog.wolfsoft.de for arcade tutorials
http://www.wolfsoft.de for our website

b4nd1t0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 04:11:22 am
    • b4nd1t0's repository
« Reply #745 on: July 27, 2018, 10:46:37 am »
if anyone is interested, I have compiled the new 0.200 groovymame with the nonag+d3d9ex+Switchres v0.017h patch
usual place here
update: linux version added  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:26:02 am by b4nd1t0 »

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
« Reply #746 on: July 27, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
if anyone is interested, I have compiled the new 0.200 groovymame with the nonag+d3d9ex+Switchres v0.017h patch
usual place here
Interested. Thank you .

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #747 on: July 28, 2018, 01:29:49 pm »
I want to try a setup with:

-Windows 10 Pro Setup (Version 1803 Build: 17134.191, as is 2018-07-26)
-CRT Emudriver 2.0 Beta 13
-Hantarex PoloStar 25, Sony BVM D32E1WE, Nec Multisync XM29Plus
-groovymame groovymame64_0197.017h_d3d9ex
-Radeon HD4850

Or what kind of Videocard is the best suggestion?

You should definitely get a Radeon HD 5000 series or higher.

Pick something that works with the "Crimson" driver...
http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295

Personally, I'd go with a "CGN" card as well (Radeon HD 7700 and higher) to be more "future proof" but that's personal preference.  Anything HD 5000 or higher is acceptable.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

nikolash

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 03:17:26 am
« Reply #748 on: July 29, 2018, 09:41:38 am »
usual place here

Thanks dude!

horihori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2019, 02:54:03 am
« Reply #749 on: July 30, 2018, 10:55:31 am »
hopefully one of you guys can help.  at the moment I have groovymame running on Windows 7 64bit and an old CRT Emudriver 1.2b or something like that (yeah its old!). Currently I have a HD4350 installed.

I just got a Radeon HD6450 and want to install that and use the latest crimson CRT emudriver and related software, I was planning on doing a complete windows install and starting from zero again, or is there a quicker or easier way to remove the old drivers and install the new one, VMMaker,etc  after changing the graphics card?

tom5151

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2023, 09:21:11 am
« Reply #750 on: July 30, 2018, 05:01:26 pm »
usual place here
Thank you !

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

b4nd1t0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 04:11:22 am
    • b4nd1t0's repository
« Reply #751 on: July 30, 2018, 05:11:52 pm »
hopefully one of you guys can help.  at the moment I have groovymame running on Windows 7 64bit and an old CRT Emudriver 1.2b or something like that (yeah its old!). Currently I have a HD4350 installed.

I just got a Radeon HD6450 and want to install that and use the latest crimson CRT emudriver and related software, I was planning on doing a complete windows install and starting from zero again, or is there a quicker or easier way to remove the old drivers and install the new one, VMMaker,etc  after changing the graphics card?
If I remember right, you can install the new driver without uninstall the old.

Inviato dal mio EML-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:34:45 am by b4nd1t0 »

JohnnySeeJohnnyDo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2020, 12:40:46 pm
« Reply #752 on: July 31, 2018, 05:18:45 am »
Will Groovymame ever fix itself crashing when loading a save state? After about 3-4 times it crashes.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #753 on: August 01, 2018, 06:49:54 am »
Will Groovymame ever fix itself crashing when loading a save state? After about 3-4 times it crashes.

I hope so.
Steps to create a log:

housello

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2022, 09:29:32 am
« Reply #754 on: August 10, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »
hi,
no 0.200 version?
is it possible to compile from source (sorry, i'm a little noob)

thank you

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #755 on: August 10, 2018, 08:45:21 pm »
hi,
no 0.200 version?
is it possible to compile from source (sorry, i'm a little noob)

thank you

People get busy. I believe you can compile the latest groovy patch on mame 0.200, or download the haynor666 version. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,154799.0.html

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #756 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:24 pm »
I believe you can compile the latest groovy patch on mame 0.200, or download the haynor666 version.

b4nd1t0 also posted a build a few threads up the page.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Re: GroovyMAME 0.200 - Switchres v0.017i
« Reply #757 on: August 12, 2018, 07:16:23 am »
GroovyMAME 0.200 is out!

What's new in Switchres v0.017i (August 2018)

- Attempt at fixing random crashes when save states are used. Experimental confirmation needed.

- Improved selection of video modes based on refresh rate when option -modeline_generation is disabled.
Steps to create a log:

inv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2020, 10:35:44 pm
« Reply #758 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:19 pm »
- Attempt at fixing random crashes when save states are used. Experimental confirmation needed.

Tested few games, now it runs perfect, no crashes. :D

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #759 on: August 12, 2018, 02:24:45 pm »

Tested few games, now it runs perfect, no crashes. :D

Thanks for confirming. It's been a very elusive bug.
Steps to create a log: