Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyMAME 0.227 - Switchres v0.017t  (Read 436425 times)

schmerzkaufen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
Re: GroovyMAME 0.222 - Switchres v0.017q
« Reply #1080 on: July 01, 2020, 12:18:29 pm »
I've never bothered with vsync_offset as it's such a pain to set.
It's crucial to flat panels users, because tearing is always there on those, fixing offset so far is only possible through custom individual ini's.

That's right currently you have to exit MAME, try a value, relaunch game, again, again etc
It can take ages even for a modest roms collection
and from experience with PCs that are 'just enough' for using frame_delay, adjusting vsync_offset camuch, much more delicate and not intuitive, which can make the whole process much, much longer.

So far from all the people I've met who have tried Groovy expecting to benefit from its features on flat panels (the most out of any existing builds considering all the compatibility fixes unique to it) about 9 in 10 couldn't wrap their heads around the manual process and struggled until they gave up.

A vsync_offset slider is basically the missing pivotal feature that'll make the difference from "Groovy a complex build for a niche of high profile users", to "Groovy the MAME build that does everything the most right, no lossless BS features, anyone can use".

It's that crucial.

CPU overclock slider needs changing to actual CPU clock too!
Only just adding decimals to the slider would make it much more practical. you can see the Hz in the machine information menu.
Hit tab, adjust with arrows, hit tab, adjust with arrows - 1000x better than current adjustment method.
Assign tab to unused button, use stick/pad to adjust, that's what i do for frame_delay and othjer lsiders like CPU%
That's what should be for vsync_offset too.

The problem with a vsync_offset slider has already been explained: MAME's UI rendering is so slow that it actually affects the offset required when the slider is shown. Anyway this will be added at some point.
Explained? Sorry I never got that, or you said it in an implied manner assuming I would understand all the implications of a probably too esoteric quote for someone at my bottom-end-user level.
You should know I'm not the type that can for instance get anything from a github link and no related development news stated on the forums for like a year and a half.  :dunno
I have no idea what you're cooking with switchres and what rewriting it means or the reasons for it nor what happens in the shadows with groovy as a whole, haven't had a clue in ages because there's nothing posted here on BYOAC or anywhere else I can relate to.
Also that doesn't answer my concern about DX9 going away and seeing the sl_ider happen before that..
Not making up that, from a bottom-end user's point of view like me it's like Groovy development exists only in Zone 51, things happen but all we get is glimpses of alien material.

This happens at times using the frame delay's or CPU% sliders, it's no big deal, just exiting the menu to see how the setting value fares is as simple a button press.
And then adjust, tab slide, adjust, tab slide etc
If it's the same kind of issue and the same amount of slowdown then it already exists, it's s flaw but deosn't egt in the way of useability much if at all and having the sliders makes like 1000x times easier indeed.
if you decided against implementing a vsync_offset one because of something like that and that's why we had to wait for years...well that was a bad decision, because one even witht hat slodown issue yet available for the last two years would ahve been absolute bliss an a godsend, for me an many people.

FYI, we're rewriting the whole Switchres module in GroovyMAME, so this will be the build where you can expect to see new features in the near future.

[/quote]

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1081 on: July 01, 2020, 01:44:14 pm »
The theory is that vsync_offset, contrary to frame_delay, should be the same value for all games, since drawing a frame on the screen (a 2D bitmap) takes the same time whatever the emulated system is, so basically it's the power of your video card what determines the correct vsync_offset value. In this situation, you'd only need to set vsync_offset once and it'd be ok for all systems.

The reason why your experience is different (you actually need different values for each game) is because reality is more complex than theory, and probably frame_delay is interacting in some odd ways with vsync_offset. A possible reason is that we tend to set frame delay higher than we should.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1082 on: July 01, 2020, 02:43:37 pm »
Dunno why my draft post full of uncorrected crap ended uploaded, it probably happened the moment lightning hit my area and internet connection got cut lol. Even the heavens don't want me to post here.  :lol

Anyway, well I thought having a separate vsync_offset slider saving in each individual game's cfg was the point and the obvious purpose of one ? so I never even thought about whatever unique value, I know that works somewhat for individual systems but even so there are slight differences and using post-proc requires readjust.

I remember you mentioned some kind of automation which sounded insanely high-end, if that's what you have in mind, but honestly even a 'manual-only slider' to adjut per-game just like we do with frame_delay would be have been more than enough to wrap things up, then anything more advanced would have replaced that later (maybe that would have branched? dunno but if so why not if only for a few years?)

Sorry but from what you say I still don't get why that wouldn't be feasible, the cfg saving feature works like a charm after all, and managing two sliders or three is very much within anyone's reach (when estimating and editing all by .ini is almost a skill)

Oh God if Groovy has had it like a year or two ago, even an imperfect implementation with slowdowns when the UI's up, many things would have been different, and not just for me but for many people. If somehow you decided against it back then and been preparing for the better implementation instead, then again I definitely think that was a bad choice.

All I hope is that it'll happen before DX9's gone then, but even if it does it's kind of too late for the broad pool of users, RA has taken the throne, the idiot who makes ShmupArch is the new praised hero of 'accurate and low lag' emulation, or FPGA which is all the rage. Almost no one but the remaining old tiny niche dwellers care about actual MAME or Groovy now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:01:16 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1083 on: July 01, 2020, 05:13:07 pm »
That broad pool of users from the "shmup" forums are those who disable vsync anyway, so they give a sh*t about tearing and vsync_offset.

But anyway... I agree. I'm a poor sinner.

Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:59:06 pm
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #1084 on: July 01, 2020, 05:28:51 pm »
There are no unused buttons on a cab (and I disable config shortcuts because kids), but yeah jumping in and out of the UI isnt a problem.

Always tearing on an LCD? Is that when using frame_delay? I was messing with HLSL the other day and didnt see any tearing.

And sod the mainstream. Go read the whole 222 whatsnew.txt and tell me it doesn't blow your mind the amount of effort the devs are putting in, which they do for free. RA is a piece of fluff in comparison to the heavyweight project that MAME is!

Anuskuss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2020, 04:13:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1085 on: July 02, 2020, 01:43:05 am »
@Calamity Any idea why most games display the artwork just fine but Donkey Kong struggles to fill the screen? It's not a big deal but I'd like to use the full artwork and full screen if possible :)

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1086 on: July 02, 2020, 01:58:56 pm »
@Calamity Any idea why most games display the artwork just fine but Donkey Kong struggles to fill the screen? It's not a big deal but I'd like to use the full artwork and full screen if possible :)

I'm not sure if I understand the issue. The option artwork_crop in GM is used to ensure that the native resolution of the game if preserved, even if this means cropping the artwork. If this is not what you want, then try disabling artwork_crop for dkong.
Steps to create a log:

Anuskuss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1087 on: July 02, 2020, 05:42:04 pm »
The issue is that the game + artwork (like bezels) stretches to the whole screen (well, vertically at least) in MAME while it's kinda "zoomed out" in GroovyMAME (like when you select integer scaling in others emus and the image sits small in the center). I'll try to make a screenshot later (but it basically looks like this). Does dkong + any of Mr. Do's artworks work fine for you? If you wanna test it for yourself, set artwork_crop to 0 of course.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:11:44 pm by Anuskuss »

R-Typer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:10:27 pm
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
« Reply #1088 on: July 08, 2020, 12:41:41 pm »
I see there is ongoing project on rewriting Switchres module for groovymame. Is there any release date estimate? Are we talking weeks, several months?

Not that I complain, just curious about getting new cool features.

Big THANKS for everyone involved in this huge and awesome project!!! :D

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1089 on: July 09, 2020, 06:43:01 am »
The issue is that the game + artwork (like bezels) stretches to the whole screen (well, vertically at least) in MAME while it's kinda "zoomed out" in GroovyMAME (like when you select integer scaling in others emus and the image sits small in the center). I'll try to make a screenshot later (but it basically looks like this). Does dkong + any of Mr. Do's artworks work fine for you? If you wanna test it for yourself, set artwork_crop to 0 of course.

Hi Anuskuss. I don't use artwork here. Probably GM is using integer scaling for the game + artwork combination. Usually integer scaling is disabled when the resulting borders are too big. The reason why it's not happening there is imposible to guess without a log. You can always force fractional scaling by forcing -unevenstretch in a specific game ini.
Steps to create a log:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1090 on: July 09, 2020, 06:54:50 am »
I see there is ongoing project on rewriting Switchres module for groovymame. Is there any release date estimate? Are we talking weeks, several months?

It's not officially released yet because there are some outstanding issues with legacy cards in Windows and certain subtle things to iron out yet. It would be a matter of two weeks worth of work and testing in lockdown conditions. In the current situation I'd say a few months.
Steps to create a log:

Anuskuss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1091 on: July 09, 2020, 04:47:27 pm »
Hi Anuskuss. I don't use artwork here. Probably GM is using integer scaling for the game + artwork combination. Usually integer scaling is disabled when the resulting borders are too big. The reason why it's not happening there is imposible to guess without a log. You can always force fractional scaling by forcing -unevenstretch in a specific game ini.

You're right, even though unevenstretch is set to 1 in my config (unevenstretchx and unevenstretchy don't preserve the aspect ratio), it only works by forcing -unevenstretch via command line. That's gotta be a bug in GroovyMAME, right? Using the identical config does work in MAME.

Looking at the log, SwitchRes sets these:
Code: [Select]
-rotate -noror -noautoror -norol -noautorol -keepaspect -nounevenstretch -nounevenstretchx -noblack_frame_insertion -syncrefresh -notriplebuffer -waitvsync -nofilter
It would be nice if one could deactivate SwitchRes entirely. I only use GroovyMAME for D3D9ex and frame_delay because I have no use for SwitchRes (on my LCD anyway).

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #1092 on: July 10, 2020, 07:42:17 am »
it only works by forcing -unevenstretch via command line. That's gotta be a bug in GroovyMAME, right? Using the identical config does work in MAME.

No. Groovy has some settings that take priority above MAME.INI. I can't find a link to the priority order at the moment but you are able to override it without needing to change your commandline.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1093 on: July 10, 2020, 11:55:42 am »
Anuskuss,

Create a blank file called raster.ini, then place unevenstretch 1 in it (only that).

Switchres takes priority over mame.ini, but every other ini has priority over Switchres.
Steps to create a log:

Anuskuss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1094 on: July 10, 2020, 04:13:59 pm »
@Calamity Okay, I think I understand it now. From this line
Code: [Select]
rng(0): 1920 x1080_60.000000p 0.000000 [integ] scale(5, 4, 1) diff(3.70, 5.19, -0.6061) ratio(8.571, 4.219)it seems that GM prefers integer scaling but only if the margin is small enough (in my case 5.19%). So now it enabled integer scaling but by using the artwork the output suddenly grows too big so it has to go from 4x to 3x. There's probably no way to know beforehand how big the output (game+artwork) is gonna be or to change the screen mid-game (e.g. when toggling the artwork) so I'm just gonna stick to the workaround. Thank you for your help!

Dacasks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2021, 09:30:30 pm
« Reply #1095 on: July 18, 2020, 09:29:11 pm »
Errm, it's been a longtime since I updated GM (last version I was using was .203).

I noticed some pages behind that "low_latency" now it's a thing even in mainline...

But... what wizardry is happening now that... I can reach full speed with FD 9 (before it would take a huge performance hit and even the pitch would change), and no matter what FD number I put I get screen tearing from time to time? I still use a PC CRT

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1096 on: July 19, 2020, 04:48:25 am »
The 'low latency' setting in baseline MAME is actually Calamity who managed to port something that we've been enjoying in Groovy for ages, like a decade (more or less?)
Only difference it makes for baseline MAME is that the old 1 frame discrepancy that had to do with input polling is gone, so now when using baseline with a VRR setup (or without vsync for people who still don't get that low lag vsync is Groovy's strenght) then you also get zero lag, or pcb-level lag if you prefer.
(when before MAME always added 1 more frame. I'm being redundant but deliberately b/c apparently this isn't clear at all for most ppl I've come across)

So in no way the new 'low_latency' setting Calamity coded into baseline MAME is something that can deal with reducing the full lag chain alone. It's not like baseline suddenly acquired benefits equal to the current d3d9ex and frame_delay in Groovy that have the power to shrink vsync lag along input lag to nearly nothing.

I bet mamedevs wanted to name the new option something rather impressive, so end users would misunderstand a bit (and they bloody did), be content and stop bothering devs with that topic for a while.
Or knowing their way of thinking if you ask questions the reply will be something like "About lag in MAME; see 'we' have just dealt with it. Any delay your system produces is not our business, case closed".

PS: 'getting frame_delay 9' but not telling with what ini/display/drivers etc settings...er...you know that's ¯\(°_o)/¯. The symptoms could mean a ton of things.
Often witnessed : ppl get a LCD or PC CRT, set up Groovy wrong and frame_delay is not actually working, there's no extra system load they can perceive (hence the easily reached 9), there is always tearing, and the lag isn't actually taken care of.
They are in fact not experiencing GroovyMAME period (and some who don't comprehend why then curse this build around)
PS2: tearing also happens when it is working (to make thing more confusing lol) but it's normal and more or less visible on screen depending on a variety of parameters (pc hardware, settings, options, display, etc) and it's meant to be dealt with using the vsync_offset setting, per-game (or per-system) using dedicated .ini files you create and drop in the ini folder. There is no way around that, people often chose to ignore that crucial part, well again skipping it is actually not experiencing GM (or nowhere near its full potential).
PS3: until Calamity & Co. are done with a long dev job they've been doing in the background, Groovy remains a build for advanced users, as it requires thorough compliance to its requirements, which are legion since they change depending on the kind of setup used/built.
PS4: don't really know where this is going, but a lot could change in a year or two, then Groovy will become MUCH more accessible. There will still be a lot to configure if you want a proper Hz-accurate CRT or LCD setup of course, but compared to the current implementation using frame_delay could become a breeze, no more struggling with manual a vsync_offset that people don't understand anyway. With that even in basic configurations (without Hz accuracy) users could finally begin to enjoy Groovy without needing to graduate from Mame-Groovy-University first.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:09:29 am by schmerzkaufen »

Dacasks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2021, 09:30:30 pm
« Reply #1097 on: July 19, 2020, 09:31:27 am »
The 'low latency' setting in baseline MAME...

Hm.

Yeah, okay, here's the thing: I use an old version (.203), with exact same settings, copied line by line but keeping new settings like, low_latency, for obvious reasons... and the behavior is different. If I use the same Ini in 203, it works. Now it doesn't.

So, something has changed, of course. I never had to mess with vsync_offset before, so it's set to 0. I know a "Log" would be great but... I thought it was something easier to figure out, something like "ahhh no no, since version X the thing now you need to... mess around with the Y setting. Sorry".
I don't care much about newer versions to be honest, the last one I cared was that one that Sunset Riders was fixed and.. the Namco System 22 games became more polished and got a performance increase.

Mame is getting heavier each version for emulating Tiger Handheld mini games for some years now, so... nobody gives s* about AT&T green phosphor terminals, I don't know why these guys care about that when there are tons of arcades still needing polishing, but...
it's great already, won't change much I guess.

So... I'm sorry. For anything.

**** Nvm, apparently manage to fix it by... doing... I don't know. I deleted some folders, notably the INI folder (even if wasn't being used anymore), and... cfg folders... now it works.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:13:43 pm by Dacasks »

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:39:55 pm
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #1098 on: July 19, 2020, 01:05:23 pm »
I don't care much about newer versions to be honest, the last one I cared was that one that Sunset Riders was fixed

Sunset Riders is not "fixed", though?

https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=03644

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #1099 on: July 19, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »
The 'low latency' setting in baseline MAME...

Hm.

Yeah, okay, here's the thing: I use an old version (.203), with exact same settings, copied line by line but keeping new settings like, low_latency, for obvious reasons... and the behavior is different. If I use the same Ini in 203, it works. Now it doesn't.

So, something has changed, of course. I never had to mess with vsync_offset before, so it's set to 0. I know a "Log" would be great but... I thought it was something easier to figure out, something like "ahhh no no, since version X the thing now you need to... mess around with the Y setting. Sorry".
I don't care much about newer versions to be honest, the last one I cared was that one that Sunset Riders was fixed and.. the Namco System 22 games became more polished and got a performance increase.

Mame is getting heavier each version for emulating Tiger Handheld mini games for some years now, so... nobody gives s* about AT&T green phosphor terminals, I don't know why these guys care about that when there are tons of arcades still needing polishing, but...
it's great already, won't change much I guess.

So... I'm sorry. For anything.

**** Nvm, apparently manage to fix it by... doing... I don't know. I deleted some folders, notably the INI folder (even if wasn't being used anymore), and... cfg folders... now it works.

222 has an overall performance improvement worth having. And from 203-222... maybe thousands of fixes and new stuff on the arcade side.

josete2k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 10:54:41 pm
« Reply #1100 on: August 04, 2020, 10:37:41 am »
Hi, in 0.222 mame team made some changes in simpsons driver (clock and other minor fixes) can these changes affect to groovymame?

Doozer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2023, 09:19:49 am
  • Z80 ERROR
« Reply #1101 on: August 06, 2020, 02:10:34 pm »

Hi Folks,

I have just uploaded the Linux GM 0.223 binary (based on 17q).

Enjoy!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Re: GroovyMAME 0.223 - Switchres v0.017q
« Reply #1102 on: August 10, 2020, 05:55:29 am »
GroovyMAME 0.223 is out!
Steps to create a log:

R-Typer

• Offline Offline
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
« Reply #1103 on: August 10, 2020, 09:39:37 am »
yaay! :D

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #1104 on: August 10, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
So how does one set up Frame Delay correctly when using a LCD display?

I tried Frame Delay 2, but im getting screen tearing, i know you are supposed to use sync delay to remove the tearing but whatever setting i use doesn't seem to remove the tearing?

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1105 on: August 12, 2020, 06:52:52 am »
It's called vsync_offset, and that's not the only thing to consider. From here I'd normally engage in asking the many questions that logically stem to help you configure your setup properly and achieve the expected results...
...but no, I won't say more on the topic, I don't do that anymore. O boi, never again. Sorry.  ;)

Related general directions and superficial tips are still ok though, my main recommendation would be: if you google well you'll probably find like 10 posts describing in parts, sometimes in details, 'how to proper Groovy on flat panels; settings monogatari', here and on shmupsfarm.
With that and the official guides on eiusdemmodi you should manage.

Or you wait (how long idk, ask Calamity) for the day Groovy will supposedly receive a long theorized essential update that should make the experience on typical flat panels infinitely easier and therefore finally accessible to non-expert users.
Alternatively just go Gsync/Freesync, just stating the obvious. ^^
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:05:35 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Sociopathos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2023, 08:31:42 pm
« Reply #1106 on: August 28, 2020, 12:19:39 pm »
Trying to compile the 224 version source code, however theres an error preventing it from patching it.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Re: GroovyMAME 0.224 - Switchres v0.017r
« Reply #1107 on: September 04, 2020, 01:05:03 pm »
GroovyMAME 0.224 is out!

What's new in Switchres v0.017r (September 2020)

- (Windows) Added v-sync offset slider. Used for removing static tearing when using frame delay. Valid values: 0-512.
Steps to create a log:

R-Typer

• Offline Offline
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
« Reply #1108 on: September 04, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »
Thanks Calamity!

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:39:55 pm
    • Eiusdemmodi
« Reply #1109 on: September 04, 2020, 06:38:51 pm »
You forgot the line "now even more user-friendly".

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #1110 on: September 05, 2020, 03:44:31 am »
Now you just need to make logging the default behaviour and -nolog commandline only ;)

Thanks, will have a play later!

tom5151

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2023, 09:21:11 am
« Reply #1111 on: September 05, 2020, 01:53:55 pm »
Thanks @Calamity.
@b4nd1t0 do you plan to continue sharing your build ?

Envoyé de mon GM1910 en utilisant Tapatalk

vicosku

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2020, 10:02:52 am
« Reply #1112 on: September 06, 2020, 10:36:32 pm »
GroovyMAME 0.222 is out!

What's new in Switchres v0.017q (June 2020)

- Improved black frame insertion, as per Blur Busters request. Option -black_frame_insertion (-bfi) now takes an integer that means the number of black frames to insert after the visible frame:
  - For 120 Hz, use -bfi 1
  - For 180 Hz, use -bfi 2
  - etc.

Hi There. Did something change with this option? It works in v222 and the earlier test version, but not in v223 or v224. It just says "Error: unknown option: 3" when I use -bfi 3 like before. This is with the versions from the download site listed on page 1. Thanks!

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1113 on: September 07, 2020, 01:19:13 am »
Now you just need to make logging the default behaviour and -nolog commandline only ;)
I've suggested that once even to mamedev but was told it's not possible, don't remember why but maybe it was bc sound needs to be off or something. Maybe not the sole issue.

On other 'things left' there's changing the CPU slider to % with decimals or even MHz like you suggested, something like that. Although of course it's just a bonus (suggested to mamedev but ignored, CPU OC is a bit taboo!)

Anyway congratulations for the new slider, that was unexpected so soon. I have of course a lot to report, as a consequence of it makes it that it goes even beyond expectations, but what I say doesn't matter anymore now that feature's here. So enjoy, people.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:33:41 am by schmerzkaufen »

b4nd1t0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 04:11:22 am
    • b4nd1t0's repository
« Reply #1114 on: September 07, 2020, 10:02:47 am »
Thanks @Calamity.

Yes, I haven't much time lately, i think I will be able to compile the last release soon

Sent from the sixth floor

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1115 on: September 07, 2020, 12:44:02 pm »
Hi There. Did something change with this option? It works in v222 and the earlier test version, but not in v223 or v224. It just says "Error: unknown option: 3" when I use -bfi 3 like before. This is with the versions from the download site listed on page 1. Thanks!

You're right, my mistake. The feature got lost between updates. Will fix it for next iteration. Thanks for reporting it.
Steps to create a log:

Rupert H

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 03:53:15 am
« Reply #1116 on: September 07, 2020, 03:48:52 pm »
Thanks @Calamity.

Yes, I haven't much time lately, i think I will be able to compile the last release soon

I would be hugely grateful for this too. I always use your build.  :)

Huge thanks to Calamity too for the incredible work.

Swainy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2023, 12:05:24 pm
« Reply #1117 on: September 07, 2020, 04:51:44 pm »
Guys, I’ve just upgraded from version 0.180 to 0.224 and I use a 31khz arcade monitor and I’ve always found the picture a bit too sharp so I usually have HLSL switched on and have scanlines set at 0.25 via the mame.ini file.

Anyway, although I can adjust them via the slider in groovymame they revert back to 0.50 each time I load groovymame up. Is there a way to I can adjust them so they stay at 0.25?

Cheers

R-Typer

• Offline Offline
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
« Reply #1118 on: September 08, 2020, 09:37:31 am »
Thanks @Calamity.

Thank you b4nd1t0

Swainy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2023, 12:05:24 pm
« Reply #1119 on: September 09, 2020, 12:09:23 pm »
Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to save changes that I make with the slider controls please?