Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyMAME 0.227 - Switchres v0.017t

<< < (3/241) > >>

Sledge:
So.. is there any real need to upgrade to the new version yet?
Or wait a few versions until bugs are ironed out?

Doozer:

--- Quote from: haynor666 on August 22, 2016, 02:13:37 pm ---Another problem under windows XP - games that uses resolution autoswitching crash - I get error in Direct3D. I'm pretty sure I've seen some posts about this previously but I cannot find those right now.

--- End quote ---

I have posted about the same issue under Linux. I was still using SDL and not BGFX video backend.

Doozer:

--- Quote from: Sledge on August 22, 2016, 06:08:25 pm ---So.. is there any real need to upgrade to the new version yet?
Or wait a few versions until bugs are ironed out?

--- End quote ---

Because the version 0.176 is alpha. I would recommend to stay with version 0.171 until at least a beta is released or another upcoming groovy patch is made available by Calamity.

keropi:

--- Quote from: haynor666 on August 22, 2016, 05:58:57 pm ---Probably due unevenstretch set to 0 and new options integer stretch. Set unevenstretch to 1.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately that did not help, I also tried messing with the keepaspectratio/unevenstretchx options but made no difference...
About the crash in resolution change in games, what game does that so I can test if it happens to 7/x64 as well?

Doozer:

--- Quote from: keropi on August 23, 2016, 04:00:19 am ---
--- Quote from: haynor666 on August 22, 2016, 05:58:57 pm ---Probably due unevenstretch set to 0 and new options integer stretch. Set unevenstretch to 1.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately that did not help, I also tried messing with the keepaspectratio/unevenstretchx options but made no difference...
About the crash in resolution change in games, what game does that so I can test if it happens to 7/x64 as well?

--- End quote ---

This picture behaviour was indeed an issue with the first release of the patch. It has been updated in the meantime but I don't know if Calamity has rebuild the binaries. If you have a build environment in place, you can compile mame against the latest patch available on the google drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version