Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hello from South England - Pinball machine Transformer hunt... any Ideas?  (Read 3776 times)

steveoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2016, 12:03:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Good morning to all, Newbie to this site, read a few posts and thought I would ask a questiion.

I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine.

Was fully working until recently - (Moved To Hastings).

It started off with a large hum on boot, like  a bad earth on an amplifier.

Then it took longer and longer to fire up, I would switch on, the machine would hummm very loudly, even with volume turned right down.

After about 5 minutes, something would warm up and it would then switch on.

It is taking longer and longer now and also has a burning electrical smell to it.

I am assuming its the transformer, which has 

010-5003-00   549-9121  115/230v 50/60hz

Before I splash out on an expensive replacement, anybody got any ideas whether this is it?

Are there any alternatives I can use - as a transformer is a transformer, what voltage does it step down too?

Thank you in advance

Steve

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
I'm not familiar with that specfic game, but your hum indicates either insufficient voltage in the 5VDC or A/C ripple on the 5VDC caused by a failing capacitor (prbably the largest one) on the power spply. Measure the 5VDC with both the DC reading and the AC. The DC should be 5.05-5.1VDC. the AC should be less than .15 VAC
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
ya that's a data east
if u have the manual?
find the rectifier board, main power supply
start there
if u do not have the manual say so I will what I can dig up for ya

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Transformers work or they don't.  Your problem is elsewhere.

90% of the time with pinball machines, it's a connector problem.  Especially after a move.  Unplug and reconnect everything in the backbox.

If that doesn't do it, check power supply.

:cheers: