Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [HowTo] PCSX2, Nuvee plugin + Dual Aimtrak guide with FrontEnd Friendly methods  (Read 64161 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Here's a little guide to install and configure Nuvee plugin with PCSX2.
Dual gun (Dual Aimtraks) for 2P games is working.
And as bonus some ideas / basic scripts to execute PCSX2 + Nuvee  from a frontend

Please forgive me for not beeing extremely precise in the latest part (calibration tweaking, various game issues) as I did that several month ago and I do not remember exactly all of it.

Notes :
- I based this guide on a fresh new install, so there is no old/default PCSX2 already present on my hard disk (MyDocuments\PCSX2\ folder)
- I kept path from my system (so that scripts can be understandable) so don't forget to adapt those parts
- PCSX2 version is the latest one available : PCSX2 1.4.0
- Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3 are working great without any speedhack BUT you'll need the latest PS2 NTSC bios (2.30). Older bios have issues with i-link (for 2 players) emulation and games are too slow to be playable

Step 1 : Installation

1) Download and install PCSX2 ( link here )

2) Download Nuvee plugin ( link here )

3) Extract Nuvee archive and copy the file nuvee_ps2_usb.dll from archive's nuvee_ps2_usb - guncon2, keyboard, mouse\bin\ folder into the plugin folder of PCSX2

4) Install your bios files (by default, MyDocuments\PCSX2\bios\)

5) ! Important Trick ! Manually create a folder named inis into PCSX2 folder. Without it Nuvee won't be able to read/write config files !!

6) Now execute PCSX2, choose your language and if it's the first startup, you'll see the Plugin selection window. If it's not your first startup, open it with Config -> Plugin/BIOS Selector menus

7a) Select LilyPad  as PAD plugin and click the Configure... button, set Keyboard API to DirectInput and Mouse API to Disabled
7b) You can go to Pad1 and Pad2 tab and configure your keys for directionnal arrows, select, etc.... (optionnal step but recommended)

8 ) Select nuvee ps2 usb 0.2.0 [nuvee_ps2_usb] as USB plugin

9) Click OK and on the next window choose your bios (again, if first startup)

10) Now on the main window, open Config -> Emulation Settings window, then select GS Window tab.
      Uncheck  Double-click toggles fullscreen mode
      Uncheck Always Hide mouse cursor
      Uncheck  Default to fullscreen mode on open

Installation is finished, just make sure everything is working good by testing a game (let's say...End Game for example).
You'll have no lightgun controls yet, this is normal

Step 2 : 1st Nuvee Game

We'll start with a simple one, for 1P game (End Game) :

1) On the main window, open Config -> USB -> Plugin Settings... window
    Set Port1 to Guncon 2
    Set Port2 to None
    UnCheck  Swap lightgun players 1-2

2) Don't close PCSX2, go to the previously created inis folder, there should be a nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini file looking like this :
Code: [Select]
PORT1 = 1
PORT2 = 1
HIDMOUSE_API = 0
Debug = 0
Swap lightguns = 1
Snap mouse = 1
These are corresponding values of what was just modified by the GUI
This can be edited/copied manually in the future

3) Back on Nuvee plugin window, click the Config button of the Port1
    Check use Keyboard as D-PAD
    Set "Left" to Trigger
    Set "Right" to Start
    Set "Middle" to A (A button = pedal/cover)
    Select EndGame (U) in the dropdown list
    Check Mouse Calibration Hack
    Click Acquire button and follow the procedure (close dialog window and push Aimtrak Trigger)

If you're using an Aimtrak, only buttons acting like mouse clicks will be recognized. Other buttons available or other buttons (real pedal, panel buttons..) will have to be set on an Autohotkey script to send keyboard input according to this model :

4) For information, the small buttons on top of the game list :
    E = Open the calibration file to edit it
    D = Restore default calibration values (for all games !!!)

5) Go back to the inis folder in PCSX2 directpry, you'll see 2 more files :
    nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini : calibration values file (for all games)
    nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini : Port1 gun configuration (buttons, selected game, etc....)

6) Back to PCSX2, you can now launch the game and you should arrive to calibration screen. Shoot the target, it should work
    If you're still in windowed mode, the mouse cursor should be aligned with PCSX2 aimtrak aim, but if you go fullscreen you'll see it going off at the borders. Now is a fun part....calibration !

7) Open your nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini and look for End Game(u) line, you'll see 4 values.
    You'll have to tweak them one by one so that, according to your resolution, your mouse pointer is accurate with in-game cursor everywhere.
    To do so, no need to quit PCSX2 : press ESC to pause game, modify the values, save the file and go back to PCSX2 to resume the game.

8 ) Once calibration is OK, copy both nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini and nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini to a specific EndGame folder you'll have to create somewhere on your disk. It will be used later.

That's it for the 1st game !

Step 3 : Set up another game, 2P mode

Now let's try to set up Virtua Cop:

Set Port1 to Guncon 2
    Set Port2 to Guncon 2
    Check  Swap lightgun players 1-2

2) Click the Config button of the Port1
    Set "Left" to Trigger
    Set "Right" to Reload
    Set "Middle" to Start
    Select Virtua Cop (U) in the dropdown list
    Click Acquire button and follow the procedure (close dialog window and push P1 Aimtrak Trigger)
    Save and close

3) Click the Config button of the Port2
    Set "Left" to Trigger
    Set "Right" to Reload
    Set "Middle" to Start
    Select Virtua Cop (U) in the dropdown list
    Click Acquire button and follow the procedure (close dialog window and push P2 Aimtrak Trigger)
    Save and close

4) Now launch Virtua Cop Elite, and start again calibration file tweaking

5) Once calibration is over, copy nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini, nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini and nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon2.ini to a specific VirtuaCop folder you'll have to create somewhere on your disk. It will be used later.

Step 4 : Set up all other games

Now it's up to you, set up as many games as you want and each time you finished, copy the Nuvee files to a game specific folder.
As you see, for each game you'll be able to select different config for your Aimtrak inputs (offscreen reload, pedal button....) and sometimes you'll have to check or uncheck "swap guns"....a lot of trial and errors to configure Nuvee.
You may have some issue with Crisis Zone, in my memory when I made the gun to work, it would not shoot as an automatic when I stay pressed on the trigger. There's a way to bypass that I'll talk about it later

I'm joining in a zip at the bottom (Nuvee_GameFiles.zip) all my working files, with calibration values for my 1080p display

Before going into a more advanced tutorial, now that every game is working fine on his own, you can set these option to finalize :
On the main window, open Config -> Emulation Settings window, then select GS Window tab.
      Check Always Hide mouse cursor
      Check  Default to fullscreen mode on open

Step 5 : Try to make it "frontend friendly"

Ok, now you have a good understanding of how the plugin is working : you have to launch PCSX2, go into USB menu to configure you lightgun buttons, select your profile game so that the calibration is accurate, then launch a game.....
Luckily you have now a bunch of saved Nuvee files (for each game) with all those information on it.
So let's make a little Autohotkey script, let's call it PCSX2_TC2.ahk (once again, adapt filepath to your system !) :
;Copying Nuvee configuration and TimeCrisis 2 game profile
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon2.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1

Run, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\pcsx2-r5875.exe "D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\Time Crisis II [NTSC_US].iso" --fullscreen --nogui, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1
Execute this script, and voilą  :)

if you want to add more buttons just add those kind of code to the script :
;P1 Pedal(optional)
1Joy5::
Send {f Down}
Sleep 100
Send {f Up}
Return

I do not use Hyperspin or RocketLauncher or anything like that, so this script is NOT MADE to be used with these frontends, bust it's just here to give you some example of what can be done to use PCSX2 and Nuvee without needing to go in the emulator menus.
I know those frontends are highly scriptable so there has to be a way to implement it, I'll let you find how !  :)

Various issues I ran into :

Guns are inverted :
In USB nuvee window, where you set Port1 and Port2 to guncon, check or unchek Swap lightgun palyers 1-2
Important note : if you're adding another mouse or USB device, it can totally screw your Nuvee config (as for TroubleShooter2 and MAME without controllerRemap utility)

Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3 are horribly slow
Get the latest NTSC BIOS v2.30

Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3 have a white fog never disappearing
For the graphic plugin, choose Direct3D 9 (hardware) instead of Direct3D 11

Autofire does not work in Crisis Zone, only 1 bullet is fired
This issue is linked to the "Mouse Calibration Hack" checkbox in P1 or P2 config of Nuvee :
- If checked, you can calibrate the guns when the game asks you to at start. But autofire is not working
- When unchecked, you can't calibrate the guns - and so can't go pass the calibration screen - but autofire is working

So what I did to trick the system :
    Set Port1 to None
    Set Port2 to None

2) Load Crisis Zone game, it will load straight to the main title screen without going through the calibration menu. But you can't control anything yet

3) Go back to the main window, open Config -> USB -> Plugin Settings... window
    Set Port1 to Guncon2
    Click Config button for Port1
    Uncheck Mouse Calibration Hack
    Set your buttons as usual (for pedal, etc...just like for time crisis 2 &3 ), acquire the gun if needed
    Select the Crisis Zone profile for aligment/plugin calibration
    Click OK button

4) Back to USB Nuvee plugin config, set Port1 to Guncon 2 [/b]  and check Reconnect USB devices (PS2 Detection)
    Click  OK button
    This should force the Gun to be recognised, and this time autofire will work ! But as you'll see, calibration is completely off

5) To make things easier, make a savestate of your game (press F1 to save to slot 0)

6) Use impacts when fire on title menu screen to calibrate the game by changing values in the corresponding profile in  nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini

7) Now your gun should be calibrated, autofire should work. To use it now, and bypass the whole NoDevice-Guncon swap thing, just keep the final Nuvee configuration, load the game and press F3 to load the savesate

8)You can now save inis files if you want to swap Nuvee configs with AHK scripts, and you can implement an auto F3 keypress a few seconds after launching the emulator to load the CirsisZone Savestate by the script

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:47:30 am by argonlefou »

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Great!!! Really great!!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G531H mediante Tapatalk

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
thanks so much for this..going to try this weekend!

stigzler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 03:01:48 pm
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time....
    • Mago Arcade
Spot on - much needed guide - will look this up when get round to PS2 setup. Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Nice man! I can't wait to try it.  Have you tried Vampire Night or Dino Stalker yet in two player dual mode?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
For Vampire Night the times I've actually been able to calibrate player 1 in game, once it says calibration adjustment complete press A or B to continue, i'm not sure what to press at that point to move after calibration? What's the a or b button? I don't think I can use my xbox 360 controller for those two buttons.  My aimtrak side buttons won't do the trick.  Would I need to use a specific keyboard key for A or B? Any help would be much appreciated.  I'm just using your settings/inis for Vampire Nights.  Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Same for Crisis Zone. I'm having trouble getting past the calibration screen.  Here are my settings:

Left: Trigger
Right: Reload
Middle: Start

It says press A or B to end and I can't get past that part.  I'm sure it's something super simple and i'm going to feel like a dumbass.  Thanks a bunch!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry I'm not at home for a few weeks

For A & B buttons, it's on this picture you have on my tutorial :
http://hico-srv004.pixhotel.fr/sites/default/files/gamoovernet/20141015205337-STF-2014-10-15-205322.jpg

Buttons are set on these specific keyboard keys
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:21:03 pm by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Hey man, I am super unfamiliar with how to set up an AHK script for the keyboard keys. I am still struggling to get past the calibration screen when tells you to press A or B to exit or end calibration set up.  I know you said to use a AutoHotKey but I have know idea where to begin. I'm sure it's simple but again, i am not familiar with that.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.  Do you put the scripts write in the guncon1.ini file (and guncon2.ini file)?Or do you have to create a separate script file (using notepad++ for example)? If so, where do you put the script? Do you create a separate folder within the pcsx2 folder or do you just put it in the inis folder? Any chance you could share your script?

I use Hyperspin.  Would the AHK script only work with my Hyperspin? Or can you run the script without a frontend? Sorry, i am super ignorant with AHKs.  Thanks again for all your help.  You're seriously the man.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Okay, i'm starting to learn how to use this Autohotkey.  I've been able to get it to "run" while i have PCSX2 open but it's still not working.  I put together the following script based on the suggestion above.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

::A::Start
::E::Select
::R::Gun B
::Space::Gun A
::Z::Up
::Q::Left
::S::Down
::D::Right

dgrace

• Offline Offline
This one worked a little but i'm sure it's still not right.

SetKeyDelay, 100
~F::
Send, {A start}{E Select}{R Gun B}{Space Gun A}{z Up}{S Down}{Q Left}{D Right}
Return

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Sorry to bother again but does anyone know where to find the latest PS2 NTSC bios (2.30)? I've searched everywhere and haven't had any luck yet.  Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Anyone have any luck with getting Silent Scope(s) or Police 24/7 to work with the Aimtrak Gun?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here's an example of AHK script for Time Crisis :

FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon2.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1

;Executing Emulator and game
Run, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\pcsx2-r5875.exe "D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\Time Crisis II [NTSC_US].iso" --fullscreen --nogui, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1

;Gun [B] button (it is R keyboard Key)
;So I make my Button5 of Aimtrak act like a keyboard R keypress
Send {r Down}
Sleep 100
Send {r Up}
Return

1Joy5:: in my script is an Aimtrak button, but you can replace by anything you likeif you have a panel with buttons and IPAC or something like that. You just have to know the ID of the button you want to make act like a "R" or "SPACE" to send GunB or GunA
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:39:34 am by argonlefou »

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Can you tell me how to bypass no-autotriger issue in crisiszone?

Thank you  :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Can you tell me how to bypass no-autotriger issue in crisiszone?

Thank you  :)
You mean when keeping trigger pressed (in-game) results in a single shot and no auto-fire shots as it should ?

Oh dear, I forgot to talk about this in the tutorial ! This issue is linked to the "Mouse Calibration Hack" checkbox in P1 or P2 config of Nuvee :
- If checked, you can calibrate the guns when the game asks you to at start. But autofire is not working
- When unchecked, you can't calibrate the guns - and so can't go pass the calibration screen - but autofire is working

So what I did to trick the system :
    Set Port1 to None
    Set Port2 to None
2) Load Crisis Zone game, it will load straight to the main title screen without going through the calibration menu. But you can't control anything yet
3) Go back to the main window, open Config -> USB -> Plugin Settings... window
    Set Port1 to Guncon2
    Click Config button for Port1
    Uncheck Mouse Calibration Hack
    Set your buttons as usual (for pedal, etc...just like for time crisis 2 &3 ), acquire the gun if needed
    Select the Crisis Zone profile for aligment/plugin calibration
    Click OK button
4) Back to USB Nuvee plugin config, set Port1 to Guncon 2 [/b]  and check Reconnect USB devices (PS2 Detection)
    Click  OK button
    This should force the Gun to be recognised, and this time autofire will work ! But as you'll see, calibration is completely off
5) To make things easier, make a savestate of your game (press F1 to save to slot 0)
6) Use impacts when fire on title menu screen to calibrate the game by changing values in the corresponding profile in  nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini
7) Now your gun should be calibrated, autofire should work. To use it now, and bypass the whole NoDevice-Guncon swap thing, just keep the final Nuvee configuration, load the game and press F3 to load the savesate

8)You can now save inis files if you want to swap Nuvee configs with AHK scripts, and you can implement an auto F3 keypress a few seconds after launching the emulator to load the CirsisZone Savestate by the script

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:44:27 am by argonlefou »

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
Thank you.Very helpful to me :D

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Anyone ever have any luck getting the Silent Scopes to work with the aimtrak gun?  It may not be possible.  Still fun with the xbox 360 controller but I thought would be funner with the aimtrak gun.

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
OK I followed these steps and can get time crisis 2 to start and register my trigger in calibration but I cant seem to get past the Hit A or B to continue. Is there something I am missing.

I tried the various keys on the keyboard and nothing seems to work. Thanks

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Are these instructions on the assumption your aimtrak was put in guncon mode?

With my guns in a cabinet this isnt feasible lol. If they are for normal aimtrak mode then I'll keep trying

:-)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
This is all for Aimtraks in "normal" mode, so that it can be used without any change with other emulators/games  ;)
Good luck !

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Ok then, thanks!

I will keep trying then. Is there a trick to get past the A or B part?

Thanks

bryhud

• Offline Offline
How should the side gun buttons be setup in Aimtrak tool? and right click and middle?

I believe mine are setup as joy3 button 1 and joy3 button2

bryhud

• Offline Offline
changing the aimtrak button config to mouse clicks only works.

Thanks!

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
Here's an example of AHK script for Time Crisis :

;Executing Emulator and game

;Gun [B] button (it is R keyboard Key)
;So I make my Button5 of Aimtrak act like a keyboard R keypress
Send {r Down}
Sleep 100
Send {r Up}
Return

1Joy5:: in my script is an Aimtrak button, but you can replace by anything you likeif you have a panel with buttons and IPAC or something like that. You just have to know the ID of the button you want to make act like a "R" or "SPACE" to send GunB or GunA

Hi Argon, do you still remember how to use this plugin? Is the layout of the keyboard are the keys to send GunA and GunB? I'm trying to use keyboard keys for GunA and GunB but its not working. I tried to tick and un-tick "Use keyboard as D-Pad and START=A+B+Trigger without any luck on getting the Keyboard keys to work. Its only Left, Right and middle button of the Aimtrak I can use. Any help will be appreciated.

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2019, 09:10:43 am
I spent 4 days trying to figure out the same thing.  Tried using and modding other peoples ahks from around the internet that were posted for this.  They all dont work. 

Also I found that even if you press those buttons physically on your keyboard they dont perform those functions in the emulators.  Basically it does nothing.  Even tested this with the lilypad controllers set as unplugged too.

+1 for help please

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi guys
It has been a long time since I wrote this but I did nothing else than what I wrote
So basically yes, the keyboard layout picture is what is working for me, unfortunatelly I did nothing more  :(

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
Something I found helps after messing with the settings.  In your gamepad lilypad settings clear all of the binds on the controllers.  In my case the lily binds were messing with the hard coded lightgun plug in keys.

leslie

• Offline Offline
Hi argon! I just want to let you know that the keyboard layout works for me just like in the picture, however, Gun A and Gun B are the only buttons which are not working. Based on how I understand the plugin, it only recognizes mouse clicks or buttons which are

Nuvee Controls                                         Mouse button

Left                                  =                        Mouse left
Right                                =                       Mouse Right
Middle                              =                      Mouse Middle
Aux 1                               = Mouse 4th button (normally forward in browser)
Aux 2                               = Mouse 5th button (normally back in browser)
Wheel Up                          =                   Mouse Wheel Up
Wheel Down                      =                 Mouse Wheel Down

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I found something helpful which can remap keys based on HID but I cannot find anything that can remap mouse buttons to keyboard to use for Lightgun games. Here is the link "https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=30829"

It might also help you on your demulshooter plugin.

What I'm planning to do is to separate Player 1 and Player 2 keyboard keys because currently Nuvee plugin keyboard keys are shared to Player 1 and 2 because when I pressed "Q" in keyboard (START) while the counting down to continue the game, both players pressed START with just pressing single "Q" .

If we can only map those mouse buttons above to keyboard keys by referencing aimtrak guns HID, then we can use all the buttons and might be possible to remap to joybutton for pedal.  :D

leslie

• Offline Offline
Hi spratkobasa!

Thanks for your reply, although I'm still finding a way to make this work I hope that the information I gave to argon helps us a lot for setting up a perfect light gun controls for PCSX2. I just dont know why the author made a shared controls for Player 1 and Player 2 even if there's still a lot of available keys in the keyboard. ??? By the way, how do I make that +1 help you are requesting so I can give you and argonlefou a +1 help.   :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I found something helpful which can remap keys based on HID but I cannot find anything that can remap mouse buttons to keyboard to use for Lightgun games. Here is the link "https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=30829"

It might also help you on your demulshooter plugin.
I'll only reply to this as I'm not the author of Nuvee plugin and I don't know the plugin well enough to know exactly how it works. It just works as it at home :/

Thanks for the link but I don't need it for DemulShooter as I'm directly receiving keyboard and Aimtrak events, and I can directly send virtual key strokes.
In a nutshell, I'm doing the remap myself directly as needed

What I'm planning to do is to separate Player 1 and Player 2 keyboard keys because currently Nuvee plugin keyboard keys are shared to Player 1 and 2 because when I pressed "Q" in keyboard (START) while the counting down to continue the game, both players pressed START with just pressing single "Q" .

If we can only map those mouse buttons above to keyboard keys by referencing aimtrak guns HID, then we can use all the buttons and might be possible to remap to joybutton for pedal.  :D
I don't remenber having these issues, I'll re-check my config tonight

Hi spratkobasa!

Thanks for your reply, although I'm still finding a way to make this work I hope that the information I gave to argon helps us a lot for setting up a perfect light gun controls for PCSX2. I just dont know why the author made a shared controls for Player 1 and Player 2 even if there's still a lot of available keys in the keyboard. ??? By the way, how do I make that +1 help you are requesting so I can give you and argonlefou a +1 help.   :)
I'm sorry, I'm not planning to modify Nuvee plugin for the time beeing :(
And for the "+1", it was just a way to say "Hey, You can add me on the list of people wanting help on the subject"  :D ;)

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
I haven't got another player to work yet.  I'm still working on 1 player.  I would say I have 1 player working 75% of the time at best.  Certain things still don't work as I thought they would.  If I figure anything else out I will post it in the thread.

GenD90

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2018, 01:29:04 am
Hi everyone, kinda new to this sort of thing. Anyone have a method or a workaround to setting the plugin with a wiimote instead of an aimtrak gun? Thanks.

voradori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2019, 11:08:59 am
Hello guys. Sorry for necro, but that needs to be here, I think.

Here' s the video tutorial of my setup for PCSX2+Nuvee with a Wiimote gun.

I've spent weeks to google a working solution  :banghead:, and ended by finding it by myself.
DolphinBar is used, but almost the same is for BT adapter connection.

2-players setup is not available because of using DirectInput, but at least I made it working.

Enjoy  :cheers:

----------------
My channel
with Wiimote Lightgun setups and playthroughs

djrino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2020, 03:52:37 pm
Hi i have spend more that one week on this configuration that is exactly as showed on this tutorial..

i have time crisys 3 i'm stuch on calibrate screen i shout on target so is ok but no one button on AimTrak work to continue the game..

Some help?

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon

first, Appreciate for all you have done. You are crazy.

And I have a question.

PCSX2 support time crisis 2,3 local network play?(I-link play)

You wrote that "need the latest PS2 NTSC bios (2.30). Older bios have issues with i-link (for 2 players) emulation"

How can I play with i-link? I have a two PC connected same network.

alexiskla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2019, 08:24:12 am
I am in desperate need for help.  I have used this setup for two EMS Top Guns III.  Individually, they both work perfectly.  However, when I try to use them both together, neither of them shoot anything.  The guns sound, but the aim must not work.  I don't understand how to fix this.  I upgraded to Bios 2.30 as well.  Can you please help me?

alexiskla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2019, 08:24:12 am
Ok. Resolved my own issue. For some reason PCSX v 1.4 was only showing 1 screen when playing 2 player mode. I upgraded to v 1.5 and dual screens started showing and working using techniques above.

JonesDylan874

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2023, 12:41:01 pm
Nuvee Profiles not showing up
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 06:22:37 pm »
K, I followed all the steps, but for some reason, the profiles are not showing up. All I get is the custom setting. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG! Also, I don't get the nuvee ini's in both the original and the made INIS folder. Why is that?
Edit: Never mind, I see them now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:43:35 pm by JonesDylan874 »

Pegafun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2021, 04:50:16 am
Great post and great tutorial argonlefou! I managed to configure all my PlayStation 2 gun games with Aimtraks. Now i would like to contribute with something.

Autofire does not work in Crisis Zone, only 1 bullet is fired
This issue is linked to the "Mouse Calibration Hack" checkbox in P1 or P2 config of Nuvee :

I found out that this problem just happens (to me) with Crisis Zone (USA). When I play Crisis Zone (Europe) I can both calibrate and use autofire when "Mouse Calibration Hack" is checked.

Could someone else check it too?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:49:11 pm by Pegafun »