Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rig up Maximus to order by Genre  (Read 2515 times)

pj.maybe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 07:06:43 am
  • Somewhat hopeless
Rig up Maximus to order by Genre
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:36:21 pm »
Hello!   Love Maximus arcade and recommend it to all my mates!

I have been inspired by the excellent "all killer no filler" project on this forum ( here) and now have a quick question:

Is there a way I can move away from the top level ordered by "System", and hack it to order by "Genre"?

The best way I can think to do this is to run everything from BAT files.  (Shouldn't be a problem to make the files- I saw a link here which might help).   But can Maximus

a)  have a bunch of different Batch File top menu items,

and then

b) allow me to rename them and change the icon?

If impossible - is there another approach?   I don't want to install hyperspin I love the Maximus too much!

:dunno
--------------------------------------------

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety. ~ Isaac Asimov

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: Rig up Maximus to order by Genre
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »
In preferenceso you can create lists for mame based on genre. But that is as close as I can think of.