Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: touch screen control not detected  (Read 2824 times)

jrxav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2016, 03:59:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
touch screen control not detected
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:55:06 pm »
i have a megatouch force evo that was working fine until one day i turned it on and it was going through the boot process when a message popped up and it said "touchscreen controller not found" what would cause that, and how do i fix it!  thanks!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: touch screen control not detected
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:24:55 pm »
corrupted hard drive or bad touch connection.

the touch connection is easy to check... boot it up and look at the green light on the touch controller. when you touch the screen the light should go brighter. if it's flashing (blinking a code), you have a touch overlay issue.

if it's off... the power connection is bad. check where a orange/gray wire pair plug into the 12 volts from the computer power supply.

check the serial cable that plugs in right next to the monitor VGA on the motherboard. just unscrew it, unplug it... then plug it back in again. it could be just a rotten connection.

the other end of that cable where the "microtouch" controller is...if you remove the controller, there is another cable that plugs into the back side. do the same, unplug/ plug back in again. use caution as this connection is easy to mess up or misalign.

then boot it back up again and see if it works. if it seems to work when you touch it (half bright with no touch, full bright with touch), but it still says no touch controller, you might have a bad file on the harddrive and will need to reinstall it or replace it or you have a bad controller.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:25:40 pm »
Not to ask the obvious, but have you made sure the touchscreen controller is still connected to the motherboard? The touchscreen controller should be in a black case that says megatouch force and probably connects via serial.  Make sure there is a green light on that box when the machine is on.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:26:12 pm »
looks like shawn beat me to it

jrxav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2016, 03:59:52 am
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 04:00:42 am »
Thanks Lilshawn and Orizzle for your reply's, the touch screen controller IS connected to the motherboard and the green light on the controller is lit and glows bright when the screen is touched. I'll do what you both said and i'll get back to you !!  Thanks again!