Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Help Troubleshooting Rowe R-84  (Read 1864 times)

takanuva588

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2017, 04:26:37 pm
Need Help Troubleshooting Rowe R-84
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:30:15 pm »
Hi, a few months ago I purchased a Rowe R-84 from a guy on craigslist. While picking it up at the guys house it seemed to be working fine. It would play the correct record he punched in and it seemed ready to go.

Long story short by the time we had got it home it wasn't working correctly. Upon turning it on, the carousel would spin constantly only stopping after it was switched into service mode and then back to ON, to which then it would automatically roll around and try to play a record to completion but the keyboard would not work and you couldn't manually select a song (it wasn't on random play).

After this I checked the CCC and it did have some battery damage but nothing too serious, after the battery was removed the carousel would no longer spin on its own. The new problem with this is now It will attempt to play a record, play it for <1 second, pick it back up and load it into the carousel, repeat.

I have bought a service, schematics and parts catalog (although it doesn't have a schematic or part-list for the mech board...) but I'm unsure of where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated and I can link to videos or pic of it if it helps.

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Need Help Troubleshooting Rowe R-84
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:12:25 am »
Hi,

If you are in the USA I suggest that you wend the following boards to Bruce Wentworth at AB Leisure for testing/repair. If in Europe then myself in the UK (we do accept from worldwide customers):-

Central Control Computer (CCC)
Pricing Board (under the CCC it has a clear plastic cover)
Mechanism Control (on the front of the mechanism)

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
alan-hood@datex.co.uk