Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nintendo is bringing back the NES NES Classic Edition  (Read 6121 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Nintendo is bringing back the NES NES Classic Edition
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
in --BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type-- hacked to run SNES games.

deadmoney5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I don't feel tardy
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2017, 10:24:21 am »
It's hacked in 10 minutes and Zelda and Super Mario Maker are legit.

:dunno

I would just get a Switch now though...

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:23 am »
So I keep reading that Nintendo ceased production of these and that Wal-Mart clearanced them out.   :-[
#RIP in piece, UCA.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:40 am »
So I keep reading that Nintendo ceased production of these and that Wal-Mart clearanced them out.   :-[
Source?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2017, 12:05:29 pm »
The price on the unit and all accessories has been dropping on walmart.com.  It was $37 for 5 minutes this morning.

The "ceased production" crap is just people speculating on reddit, but I've asked at a few stores in Houston and NONE of them have gotten any stock besides the first handful in November.

#RIP in piece, UCA.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2017, 05:28:47 pm »
Nintendo says they are still making them and it's still advertised on their site.  I believe the same company that makes them is also making the switch, so it could just be that they have shifted production to those extra Switches they need (they are already exceeding their monthly goal). 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #246 on: Yesterday at 12:11:29 am »
So wtf?  This damn thing came out in Nov.  I've been checking the sites pretty regularly and with the exception of a few random shipments to best buy's online site I haven't seen any stock. 

Do you think they are hoarding them for Easter?

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #247 on: Yesterday at 12:26:31 am »
So wtf?  This damn thing came out in Nov.  I've been checking the sites pretty regularly and with the exception of a few random shipments to best buy's online site I haven't seen any stock. 

Do you think they are hoarding them for Easter?

Think they just didn't think the demand would be there and figured it was a filler for a few quick bucks during the holiday season since the Switch wasn't ready - then when it launched it was too late to catch up ( figure they had already planned one restock after the initial shipment which is what we've seen as the one restock since) and then they had already moved focus to the switch. Whether they'll have a second restock wave or just move on to a new item (ie. a SNES mini for next holiday) is still to be seen.

Then the scalpers tying up the limited stock didn't help either with the thousands of units they held up in the sales channel and made online inventory sell out in minutes so that retail inventory never even made it onto th shelves since employees bought them (or stole them) to resell at inflated prices also. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:32:54 am by JDFan »

bigster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #248 on: Yesterday at 03:09:08 pm »
Only explination I can think of is that Switch is a bigger money maker and nintendo wants to focus on that for now.    The discontinued thing is what retailers say when they dont show a new stock coming in soon.  I was at total wine recently looking for a hard to find beer.  The computer did not show any more stock being delivered so guy checking for me told me it must be discontinued.  In fact it was not discontinued and i got another pack just down the street.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #249 on: Yesterday at 03:11:36 pm »
Eh, well, when all your major online vendors don't even have a product page for it....

#RIP in piece, UCA.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #250 on: Yesterday at 04:11:58 pm »
It was my understanding that they took down the product pages because the sites were getting hammered too hard by people constantly checking. 

You go to Nintendo's page and they still have all the vendors listed, but they've removed the links.  So I don't know what is going on. 

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #251 on: Yesterday at 07:19:59 pm »
It was my understanding that they took down the product pages because the sites were getting hammered too hard by people constantly checking. 

You go to Nintendo's page and they still have all the vendors listed, but they've removed the links.  So I don't know what is going on.

It's surprising that they haven't said one way or the other what is going on with them - you'd think Nintendo would at least release an update whether more are on the way or not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31