Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Smash Bros. Ultimate  (Read 2575 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Smash Bros. Ultimate
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:47:28 pm »
So I've never understood the appeal of Smash Bros. and I probably never will, but I've got to think that Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with this next release in that they'll never be able to top it.  So it has every character that's ever been in one of the games, including guest characters like Mega Man, Pac-man, Sonic, Snake, Ryu and ect.  It also has new characters from Splatoon.  Characters that people have requested for years like King K Roll and Ridley.... yup they're in too.  Now they say that the Belmont clan will be in the game.  Who's left?  Pong paddle?  Some Mortal Kombat guys?  Jason Vorhees?!? 

I might have to get this one just for the fact that we'll likely never see this many characters spanning this many franchises in one game ever again.

I just thought it was interesting.  Either Nintendo is throwing money at everybody or they have built up a heck of a lot of goodwill to pull this off. 

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Smash Bros. Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 11:15:34 pm »
I don't get the appeal of if either but my kids love it so I'll likely pick it up at some point.

You are right there are a crazy amount of characters. Pong Paddle would be funny.