Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: need help wit Rowe Ami model JAN Diplomat  (Read 1968 times)

mulchman61

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2016, 04:51:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
need help wit Rowe Ami model JAN Diplomat
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »
 Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum. My name is Rick and i need some help with my Rowe Ami Diplomat Juke box
I got it a few months ago for free. It has been sitting in a garage for 15 years. pretty rough shape and no history.
I could not stand to see it die so i started working on it. First thing i found was a broken pcb for the selection unit.
It also has a couple of missing tubes in preamp. I replaced the pcb and started to reassemble selection unit.
This is where i need help. After a lot of tweaking i got he mech running but with some issues. First i dont understand manuals procedure for setting up timing of carousel. manual says place position A-1 on top center.
I dont see a A-1 anywhere on carousel. What am i missing here. Second when the mech. runs it just continues to play selections forever. Could this be the section pins on selection unit? How free are they supposed to be?
Finally when the record is taken from the carousel to place on platter its very slow for the first half of operation and then speeds up. But returning the record back to carousel it is normal speed. I know i have a ways to go before shes ready to be revealed but i am an old tv guy and love working on vintage equipment. I already found missing tubes and plan to recap amps. But i could use help in these areas.
Thanks for listening
Rick

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: need help wit Rowe Ami model JAN Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 09:54:41 am »
Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum.

All the 1100 mechanisms such as the Model N Diplomat required to be timed the same.

You are best to remove the search unit so you can reposition the the stop plate assembly. On the stop plate assembly you will see a 00 mark this is 100 or A1 position, in your manual you will see the position where this mark is set against (it is a step in the bracket that holds the search unit) The pins can be stiff if this is the case you need to take them out to clean them. DO NOT use any lubricant.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

mulchman61

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2016, 04:51:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Thanks Alan for responding. I did see a 200 mark on the stop plate assembly, is that what you mean? Also where does the carousel have to be to time the unit? Please excuse my ignorance but i am learning these systems as i go. Have a great day.
Rick

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:04 am »
Hi Rick,

It is the same for the 1100 & 1200 mechanism, the mechanism needs to be in the A1 or 100 position and then the 00 or 200 mark on the stop plate assembly or the Encoder needs to be in line with the step in the fixing bracket for the search unit or encoder.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK