Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 2535 times)

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Xbox One
« on: July 12, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »
I got a reconditioned Xbox One for $199 at best buy.

Went to game stop and got Watchdogs and Assassin Creed Unity.

After about 30 minutes into the game, I realized I was playing a Xbox 360 title. So off I go and fire up Watchdogs on the 360.

The game graphics are totally identical.  Have I bought another 360 with a blue ray drive in it?  WTF?

Where is the magical improved graphics?

I would be disappointed if I bought this full price - with 10 days left to take it back.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 11:27:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »
Launch titles are always barely better than the preceding console generation.  Where have you been the last 30 years?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:52:16 pm »
Launch titles are always barely better than the preceding console generation.  Where have you been the last 30 years?

Hiding under a rock apparently.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:28:17 pm »
To be fair though, even though more recent games are a lot better looking graphically, the game play is still decidedly last gen.  Most games are sequels to popular 360/PS3 games.  Rocksteady, one of the breakout stars of the last generation, is busy....re-releasing the games they made for the last gen.  :(

Nintendo needs to get the NX out stat so Sony and Microsoft can steal all their ideas.... err... I mean "be inspired" by the NX.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:16:32 am »
Nintendo needs to get the NX out stat so Sony and Microsoft can steal all their ideas.... err... I mean "be inspired" by the NX.

Ideas like what?  Waggle controls?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:28:43 pm »
Aside from online gameplay, every single solitary innovation in gaming interfaces, since the NES has been invented by, or perfect by, Nintendo.  Yeah..... point out the one thing you don't like.  Pretty sure you like shoulder buttons, rumble, game saves, the d-pad, the analog thumbstick stick..... I could go on.  They invented or perfected most of the game genres as well.  Didn't do fps, rhythm games or fighting games.... but everything else....

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 12:43:48 pm »
Okay, but what innovations have they brought in the last 20 years?  I think the WiiU was a total dud and I doubt I'm purchasing an NX.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 07:18:31 pm »
Not much has changed in 20 years. For things that actually standardized, 4 player simultaneous, online gaming, online stores, DLC, hard drives, analog triggers, motion sensing and wireless controllers are all I can think of.

Yenome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 08:20:55 pm »
Aside from online gameplay, every single solitary innovation in gaming interfaces, since the NES has been invented by, or perfect by, Nintendo.  Yeah..... point out the one thing you don't like.  Pretty sure you like shoulder buttons, rumble, game saves, the d-pad, the analog thumbstick stick..... I could go on.  They invented or perfected most of the game genres as well.  Didn't do fps, rhythm games or fighting games.... but everything else....

nintendo even had online stuff for super nes and n64 in japan, altho sega was the first to have an online service
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:23:47 pm by Yenome »
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped