Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Medium res monitor w/ JPAC & arcadeos  (Read 3378 times)

julius hibbert

• Trade Count: (0)
Medium res monitor w/ JPAC & arcadeos
« on: June 18, 2002, 08:50:34 pm »
    Ok, so let's see how many questions I can post to this forum while my MAME cabinet is in it's infancy!  My latest dilemma is this.  I've got a 25" medium resolution monitor (WG 25K5515 from Atari 720) that I've connected to a JPAC.  It's not specified in the service manual, but I'm assuming that like most medium res monitors, it likes a 25Khz sync.  So I set the jumper on my JPAC to 25Khz.  
    When I turn on the PC, the Sync In LED on the JPAC illuminates, but not the Sync OK light.  ArcadeOS launches, the screen displays the typical "incorrect sync" syndrome of a illegible mess.  I try to launch a game via Advmame, and get the same thing, despite the fact that I've specified in the advcfg the type of monitor I'm using.  That doesn't surprise me, but how do I tell arcadeos I'm using a 25Khz monitor?  I would think that there must be some independent way to set arcadeos for the correct monitor type, so that you can see the menu in order to launch advmame.  
    ArcadeOS displays fine on a low-res 15Khz monitor, so I think that means my video card is capable.  But even if I use the advcfg utility's "Easy Centering" test, with a 25Khz rate specified, nothing shows up and I still don't get a Sync OK light on the JPAC.   Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!
drj
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

wes

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Medium res monitor w/ JPAC & arcadeos
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 01:14:09 am »
Well, this doesn't answer your question with arcadeos, but you may have luck using advmenu ... you can grab it at the home page for advanced mame.  simply run it once, it creates the advmenu.rc ... then run the advmenuc.bat file to choose your med res monitor ... then run the advmenuv afterwards to setup a working resolution for advmenu to use.

For some reason, I had to remove the "display_mode" option in the advmenu.rc as it didn't recognize it. ???

I'm using a low res arcade monitor, so I'm not positive this will work, but at least its a suggestion.

Good luck!

-Wes
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »