Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mounting artwork question  (Read 2192 times)

DFitz1138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2016, 10:11:43 pm
Mounting artwork question
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:36:36 pm »
I'm slowly finalizing the shape of my Bartop-style cabinet and have started thinking about what kind of artwork I'd like. Not being an artist myself I've been looking online looking at what can be purchased. So this may seem like a silly question to some but is it better to mount a layer of plastic to the wood and then attach the artwork to that?  Mount the artwork to the wood and then a layer of plastic over it?  Or forget the plastic and just mount the art to the wood?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Mounting artwork question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:44:44 pm »
just sand then prime the sides.

get the art printed on vinyl and if youre worried about durability, get it all printed with a polycarbonite coating.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

DFitz1138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2016, 10:11:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »
I saw one place that laminates it and gives you the option for adhesive or not.  Would that still work with that?

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:38:07 pm »
I saw one place that laminates it and gives you the option for adhesive or not.  Would that still work with that?

If you are planning on mounting it under/behind plexiglass then adhesive is not really nessesary. If that is what you are asking. If it is for the sides make sure you have a smooth dust free surface and stick it on. There are plenty of how to apply examples around here.  If for the side you really want adhesive.