Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Off-Road Multi 360  (Read 7456 times)

n3wt0n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Super Off-Road Multi 360
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2017, 05:42:26 pm »
Can I run 3 5V LED lights and the three 5V rotary encoders straight off the Arduino? I am just powering it via USB. If not I could just use the power supply for both 5V and 12V.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2017, 01:55:19 am »
Can I run 3 5V LED lights and the three 5V rotary encoders straight off the Arduino? I am just powering it via USB. If not I could just use the power supply for both 5V and 12V.

I think if its only 3 led lights you should be okay.  I think the max amperage for USB 2.0 is 500mA.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2017, 02:30:04 am »
Thanks for taking the hires photo of the CPO for me.  Here's my riff on the off road CPO for my super multi 360 wheel cab.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:32:24 am by processedmeat »

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2017, 08:19:27 am »

I think if its only 3 led lights you should be okay.  I think the max amperage for USB 2.0 is 500mA.

Thanks. I couldn't wait so I started wiring it up to use the power supply. I'm pretty sure it would have been fine but I am 100% confident the power supply can handle it.

Thanks for taking the hires photo of the CPO for me.  Here's my riff on the off road CPO for my super multi 360 wheel cab.

That looks really cool! I like how it pays homage to the original but get the other types of vehicles in there. Nice job!

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2017, 06:08:07 pm »
Okay, its been a bit but I have been moving along nicely on this.

SailorSat said to not leave any analog inputs floating and I believe that was what was causing all the odd behavior on the Arduino Clone because when the new legit Arduino arrived it acted exactly the same way. I can say that the legit Arduino seemed built a lot better and it came with a nice plate for mounting - very convenient.

I was really excited to learn that I could use the original harness that came in the cabinet. I purchased the right sized female connectors to work with the original harness from DigiKey and soldered the wires from the Arduino to the right connector.

I cut a board the right size for all the computer guts and I attached nuts and bolts to the cab that would allow the board to be removed from the machine easily. Then I attached all the computer parts and the arduino and tried to get the wiring cleaned up the best I could.

It fits perfectly where the original PCB would have been mounted.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:20:33 pm by n3wt0n »

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2017, 06:25:18 pm »
Later I had a friend help me mount the beast of a TV that I was using for a monitor. From what I could measure, it was going to be a very snug fit. It couldn't have been any better (unless it was an original screen of course). It is a 27" screen while the original was a 25" but since this isn't a restore I wasn't worried about using a bit larger screen.

By this time I have also rewired the cab with the stock harnesses and rewired the control panel with stock harnesses. I only have the center player to finish up but more about that in a later post.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31