Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: oops  (Read 2634 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
oops
« on: June 21, 2016, 10:35:42 pm »
wrong hard drive...

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
Re: oops
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:19:51 am »
How far did it get? I always wondered how much security other coin-op companys implemented into there software/games. Also wondered if they used similar hardware aswell.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: oops
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:26:23 pm »
the BBHP (big buck hunter pro) has a serial IO board it checks for first before even it checks for a security key (USB HASP from currently known as Vector Capital's "SafeNet" (formerly known as Aladdin Knowledge Systems))

EDIT: oops apparently safenet is now "GEMALTO" man these guy change names more often than HP...I mean Agilent...er...I mean Keysight.

It gets to the IO board check and stops with a screen "CONNECT IO BOARD" which is the same you get when you have a legit computer being bench tested. Kinda weird that BBHP prioritizes the chack for the IO board before checking security.

I didn't have a keyboard attached at the time... but you can press escape to view the linux boot process on the BBHP. It's good for seeing if it's hanging up on something.

much like the Golden tee Nighthawk motherboards and the Merit boards, they run linux with just the driver set needed for the boards they use. fortunately there is a wider variance of board you can use with BBHP. basically any motherboard with a nvidia 6100 chipset and a realtek ALC662 or 655 sound chip will work straight out of the box with no mods. there was even the addition of a few dell motherboards, but they are pretty hard to nail down since they (like intel) recycle the same model numbers over and over again.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:30:14 pm by lilshawn »