Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need for Speed: No wheel support  (Read 2243 times)

n3wt0n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
Need for Speed: No wheel support
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:08:13 am »
I noticed Origin had a pretty good deal on Need for Speed and Need for Speed: Rivals this week. I have really enjoyed the NFS games on console (especially NFS:The Run) and PC since I bought my G27 but I was really sad to learn almost immediately after installing the game that Rivals and the newer Need for Speed do NOT have support for ANY wheels. They are a gamepad only game. I was truly disappointed as I was hoping to build my racing cab with a NFS theme and a wheel that would let you choose any of the old games. Oh well, just a warning to the people on the driving board that these games won't play nice with your wheel. Perhaps you know this already but I am baffled as to why a title like this would drop wheel support - is there any good way around this?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
Re: Need for Speed: No wheel support
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:39 am »
I'll have to see which of the newer NFS series I have installed, but the only one I remember having trouble with was The Run because of the stupid "real time events" where you have to suddenly press one button or another.

A lot of new PC games do only support xinput (xbox360/xbox1).

Check out x360ce.  It creates a virtual xbox360 controller using your directinput controller.
There are a lot of preset game-specific profiles for the G27.

xinput doesn't have direction feedback, so I'm guessing all you get is rumble.
I've only ever used it on simpler games that only had rumble to begin with.

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:41:24 am »
Thanks BadMouth. I ended up returning the game with Origins 24 hour no questions asked refund policy. At least there was that. I will look into the x360ce. With that suggestion, maybe I can still have my desired NFS theme.  ;D

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:47:56 pm »
I know that Rivals doesn't have wheel support, but according to EA they have added wheel support to the PC version of NFS 2015 a few months ago:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/wheel-support-and-manual-transmission-in-need-for-speed/

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:35:49 am »
Thanks! Good to know, Warborg. I like the Origin sales so I may have to wait for this one to come down in price a bit (a lot).  :lol

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:47:43 am »
Yeah, I picked it up when it was 50% off...  Full price was just too much for me...  :)