Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control Panel Sugestions!  (Read 1680 times)

DarkIsamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 02:08:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Control Panel Sugestions!
« on: June 10, 2016, 11:14:45 am »
Hello everyone! Just found this site a few days ago and I have to say I'm impressed with the passion and level of skill I see here! I usually never post to any site but I really want my first project to be the best it can be and I know you guys can get me there, so thanks in advance! Anyhow I've been working on my Control panel art in Photoshop (which I just started learning to use too) and wanted some suggestions on how I can take it to the next level. So what would you do different? Thanks again!

thatpurplestuff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:46:57 pm
Re: Control Panel Sugestions!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:39:20 pm »
Personally I would go for less characters since that seems pretty busy, but if nothing else maybe make the transitions between each set of images more interesting by making the characters overlap one another instead of just fading out in a gradient.  Also, I always think it looks awkward to have buttons or joysticks covering up faces.

Oh, and definitely move the artwork around on the right so Storm doesn't have a raging joysdick!

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.