Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NSM CD PRO player problem  (Read 2514 times)

ronnie-dent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2020, 09:42:50 am
NSM CD PRO player problem
« on: June 04, 2016, 11:18:20 am »
Looking for some help I have a dilemma with a player, the player is a CD PRO VAU 1254/11 I know there are 2 types of opu for these 3 players CDM12, CD PRO and CD PRO2, the Enco site has a good explanation on finding which type your player needs OPU1 or OPU2 but mine is the VAU 1254/11 which should have the OPU2 unit but comparing it looks like the OPU1 is fitted! anyway I changed it out for a new one but the results were the same discs spins slowly a few times then errors, so either the OPU is wrong or fault is not the OPU? if I look at the lens with a camera it seems to be lit all the time until I power off the machine?

Thanks Ronnie

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
Re: NSM CD PRO player problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:42:10 pm »
The OPU for the CDPRO and CDPRO2 look somewhat similar and will fit in the player exactly the same, however, they are not interchangeable with each other. You have to get a CDPRO2 OPU for the CDPRO2.

ronnie-dent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2020, 09:42:50 am
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:22:46 am »
Thanks for the reply, I found a pro1 unit so fitted that and the player is working, will send the pro2 away for repair as clearly the opu is bad

Thanks Ronnie

johnyfroes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2016, 12:18:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:18:17 pm »
I could never fix these CDpro2 players, I usualy put a cdpro CDM12.4-CDM12.10 OPU and put a CDPro pcb and it works fine, one time there was a guy from San Fran CA, selling CDPro 2 opu, but at 90$ a piece, and 3 out of 5 would work and most will work about 3-4 months.