Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GameRoomSolutions.com Issues  (Read 36738 times)

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
Re: GameRoomSolutions.com Issues
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 02:39:39 pm »
^ are you selling those? dont see it in your web store.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:50:16 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 02:42:00 pm »
^ are you selling those? dont see it in your web store.

Yes, it's in the store.  When you pick any kit now, there is a drop down to let you pick material.  I have black & white melamine, baltic birch plywood, and MDF.  Can also do other material for special requests. 

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 02:56:33 pm »

What's this? No "Malenko Mount™"? Am disappoint.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:50:16 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 02:58:10 pm »
Lol.  No reason to put a Malenko mount in something that will only ever have a horizontal monitor.   ;)

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 03:13:10 pm »
Lol.  No reason to put a Malenko mount in something that will only ever have a horizontal monitor.   ;)

BLASPHEMY! The Malenko Mount is superior in every way!

:D

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »
oh I thought this design was another new one curvy or whatever.. lol

just those packing material made it look like that. naw I prefer black melamine anyway.

gameroomsolutions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 10:08:49 am »
Hi Guys,

I just found this thread and wanted to show the other side a bit.  First, HaRuMaN makes good kits.  I am supportive of anyone trying to make it easy for guys to build their own boxes.  The Deluxe cabinet is our design with melamine, camlock, graphics options (print in house), control kits, etc and our primary focus.  We will be expanding that line as we are now doing all cnc work in house.  Our reviews on ebay are best I can point to for our rep and product quality http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=gameroomsolutions as we cannot control those (we have unfiltered good reviews on our deluxe cabinet page as well). 

Here are some recent customer images of the deluxe cabinet http://imgur.com/a/gFRE3 that fall right in line with the awesome one shaunster did earlier in the post.

The deluxe cabinet is priced well, but we were constantly being asking for a low cost cut wood solution.  We outsourced that as again it was not our focus at the time.  Unfortunately, Travis who started this thread got a bad cut.  I immediately went to our outsource to resolve. 

Got back this

"Yes, find out exactly what parts have issues and I'll get them sent out ASAP. We tested a few sheets with a different wood and it didn't cut too well, I asked my supplier to just pitch bad parts. But a few made it out....Let me know and I'll get those out ASAP sorry! And I actually ordered BETTER wood than we use to use. It came in yesterday, new kits will be cut from Maple, its a very good wood and cuts nice."

We got the requested boards out asap and Travis sent me back

"Here is a comparison of 1st shipment and this latest.  Also, since I'm staining the wood, a new high quality side panel would really make me happy.  See pix.   If there is a shipping cost for a single new side, I don't mind paying.   The stain will be a light oak.. so these "rips" from your CNC will show.  Sorry but this thing is going to be on a granite countertop in a cool bar setting.  Need it to stand out.  I will most likely have friends who will want to buy after seeing this.  I'll send them your way.

Appreciate it."  Here is the picture showing the new cut and it was resolved

That is just the basic weekcade type kit ($94 includes shipping).  We didn't have graphics templates at the time on the $94 cabinet like we did with our deluxe.  Since then they are developed and this is the first $94 cabinet pic we have gotten back with graphics (I think looks good, especially for the price). 
  Also we are going to launch this more inexpensive cabinet with improvements that most others don't have (tmolding cuts, etc) early next month. 

We try to go over a beyond to make our customers happy (reflected in our reviews).  Also, I don't spend a lot of time scouring forum as HaRuMaN states I have not logged in here in a while.  I spend a lot of time trying to write guides to give back to the overall community.

Some popular guides
HyperSpin Setup (one of the most popular on web) https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-hyperspin-mame-hyperlaunch-full-guide/
RPI3 RetroPie Setup https://gameroomsolutions.com/raspberry-pi-3-retropie-setup-easy-guide/
Daphne on RetroPie https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-daphne-raspberry-pi-3-retropie/

In most situations I respond quickly to all emails (as stated early in this thread) to the point my wife threatens me as it is constant.  Most are around software setup and things outside what we "sell". 

We got Travis' issue with the board resolved asap, but I was extensively traveling and did not get back quickly on the repeat emails around graphics templates we did not have developed as stated.  I was hoping to get back to my photoshop pc and get them for him by the time I responded.

Hopefully our reviews, blog guides, and customer images show that we are dedicated to our customers and the community overall.  Only fair you hear both sides.

Thanks,
Ryan 

netsurfr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2017, 06:49:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2017, 11:50:29 am »
Add me to the list of customers with issues with Ryan and Gameroomsolutions. Ordered a weecade kit after a number of emails to Ryan with questions. Received the kit but was missing some items (marquee retainers, working RBP3 image, usb controller wiring diagram) all of which were supposedly included per Ryan's emails, website and youtube channel videos. It's been a week and I still don't have what I'm missing after numerous emails to Ryan who kept telling me he would get the missing retainers shipped out and the RBP3 image fixed. Today I check in again and he fires back this email saying he will not be bullied and that he's busy blah blah blah. I tell him we would not be in this predicament had he sent me what I paid for vs. stringing me along. I bought this kit for my 7 year old as a project both he & I could work on together and it has sat in our workshop waiting for Ryan and Gameroomsolutions to deliver the missing items but I'm guessing at this point I'm out of luck. Amazing to me how short sighted some small businesses can be. He could have risen to the occasion by promply fixing the problem and I would have been raving about him and his customer service but now he's turned what would have been a repeat customer into "share my negative experience wherever I can so it doesn't happen to others" one.

alphasqorner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2017, 10:55:43 am
  • The machine took my quarter!!!
    • AlphasQorner
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 10:52:12 am »
Just wanted to chime in.  Having read a few "horror" stories of experiences with gameroomsolutions.com, I still decided to go ahead and purchase their bartop kit (deluxe edition) as I am not savvy enough, nor do I have the proper tools, to cut my own wood panels.  I did have a few minor mishaps that ultimately only delayed the completion of the project by a week, but Ryan@GRS was quick to response (within a day) each time I had questions/concerns.  The issues I had, that were promptly addressed and remedied, were:

1) Front wood panel, with 4 admin buttons, didn't have the 5th hole drilled for the front USB as I requested (which is an option @ GRS).  The plexiglass did have the 5th hole.
2) The plexiglass for the control panel had some weird melted/burn paper residue around some of the screw holes (for the joystick).  Looks like as the joystick screw holes were being drilled, this somehow heated up the protective sticker and melted/burned it around the hole.

Ryan had the replacements sent out the next day and got them in 4 days. 

All in all, a good quality product that looks good.  I had a few more minor issues along the way(e.g. missing hardware, monitor fitment issues, etc), but I will discuss those in a review post later. 
Visit www.alphasqorner.net: Home of AlphasQontroller (CP with "coin door-ed" stand)

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:21:02 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2017, 11:06:33 am »
People are far too forgiving of shoddy workmanship. The problems you described are ridiculous for a low volume outfit.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:09:19 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2017, 11:27:50 am »
People are far too forgiving of shoddy workmanship. The problems you described are ridiculous for a low volume outfit.

A lot of vendors in this hobby are ---smurfing--- ridiculous, to be honest. 

"They sat on my money a month, I finally got them to answer the phone at 3am, and they shipped 75% of my order.  Waiting on a tracking number for the rest now.  A++ seller, would do business again!"

"They sent me the wrong product and it didn't work when it got here, but I got the replacement FAST!  They are an asset to this hobby!"

And people will line up all damn day to suck their cocks rather than taking business elsewhere.

Thus is insanity.

:lol

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2017, 12:48:33 pm »

A lot of vendors in this hobby are ---smurfing--- ridiculous, to be honest. 

"They sat on my money a month, I finally got them to answer the phone at 3am, and they shipped 75% of my order.  Waiting on a tracking number for the rest now.  A++ seller, would do business again!"

"They sent me the wrong product and it didn't work when it got here, but I got the replacement FAST!  They are an asset to this hobby!"

And people will line up all damn day to suck their cocks rather than taking business elsewhere.

Thus is insanity.

:lol

The humidity getting to you, Jimbo?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***