Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RI-3 Jewel volume control connections  (Read 1539 times)

Bucksbarter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2016, 11:19:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
RI-3 Jewel volume control connections
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:16:39 am »
Hi,

I have just joined the forum as I am restoring a British spec 1980 RI-3 Jewel for my local pub. The juke box wiring has been extensively "fiddled" with over it's life and I am trying to sort out the volume control.

The original potentiometer on the rear panel is missing and I would be grateful if any one could let me know the spec (I think it might be a single gang 100K log). The 7 pin volume control connector on the power amplifier has pins 1 and 6 linked and a black wire tail from 1 and a two red wire tails from 2. I assume that a single gang pot goes on the red and black tails.

The amplifier is stereo and I am confused how a single gang pot controls bot channels. Could anyone cast some light on this?

So far I have replaced the Central Control Computer leaking battery with a Varta equivelent that fits in the same holes as well as a handfull of corroded components. It now works!

Many thanks David

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: RI-3 Jewel volume control connections
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:30:16 am »
Hello David,

Welcome to the forum, I assume you are in the UK.

If you want to contact me via email or by phone, here are my contact details.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
0114 247 0242
alan-hood@datex.co.uk