Actually, here's a copy of my post over there:
Here's some progress log:
- I got a little fancy with the games tester/launcher, adding some console images and graphics, so it looks less formal.
- Newly added star system. 10 ratings range, in half increments until a total of 5 stars. Those ratings are being stored into an external .ini file that can be later on shared among users. Those ratings will be exported to Launchbox once you export your lists
- Newly added favorite system that works similarly to the above. The favorite info is being saved within the same .ini file as the ratings and will also be reflected once in Launchbox
- You can launch any game, from any soft list or arcade, from any listview with a double click. All command line parameters are populated automatically, so no need to scramble with MESS stuff anymore
- The search engine was improved as well, but I will add some checkboxes to offer better customization on where to look for (year, description, rom name, manufacturer etc)
- All supported software lists are now available as a choice and those will be imported as platforms. Only systems that are arcade machine friendly and are working reasonably well are supported. Not so fun systems were left out as well.
- Added new arcade platforms as available options (Data East, Konami, Midway, Taito etc)
The interface is still messy, with unnecessary buttons, test functions and bad formatting at some places, but this is all being ironed out as I go.
No release date yet, but the project is definitely not dead...
More to come.