Thank you so much for the support, guys!
It doesn't seem like much, but A LOT is being done under the hood and I got things more optimized and modular now. Still work to do, but getting easier to update things. Some more features:
- Here are the new options I mentioned. If you check all of those last 4 options, the exported list will only contain games that have artwork available for them. I just exported a list and BigBox looked great, with absolutely no missing artwork
The All Killer No Filler filter just got fancier:
1) Firstly, it basically overrides the other filters, so only the games in this list will be imported when you check this box.
2) BUT, you now have the option to choose if the other filters will have influence over this list. If you choose to bypass the filters, then the full list will be generated, including BIOS and all. If you don't choose to bypass the filters, then everything is taken in account, so you can get rid of all BIOS in that list, so the list will contain only the games themselves. Or you can eliminate the CHDs from the list. You can generate an all vertical All Killer shmups for example or any other filters that will be applied to the All Killer list.
3) On the favorites idea, now you can choose to make the games in the All Killer list as favorites, as long as your front-end supports it through the game list. So far it only works for LaunchBox/BigBox, but let me know which other FEs save that in their lists and I can easily implement it. Just mark that checkbox and all games in the list will be favorite'd when the list is exported. If you use Launchbox, another way to do this is to rename the Mame Arcade platform to "All Killer", for example, export those games as part of this platform and in Launchbox you can mass edit all games in it as favorites and then mass edit them again, moving them into your Mame Arcade platform this time:
I started adding a context menu that will grow quite a bit. So far it's pretty basic, but you can already select all, invert selection, delete selected and move selected clones into the output list. I will be adding more stuff soon:
Sorry it's taking a little long to get a new version out. I really need to iron things out some more and there are many ideas lingering around my head now. I had this crazy idea of creating a "GameList Blender". It would work like this:
- Select a list format from the dropdown menu, hyperspin for example, then click import to have your old list imported into Lightspeed. If the information is incomplete, it doesn't really matter right now. This list will be parsed into a "Blender" listview. Now select another format, attract-mode for example, and import your attract-mode list. It will be merged with the previous list and anything already there will be skipped. You will be able to merge as many lists from as many different front-ends as you wish, so you can basically consolidate all lists from all the different FEs you might use into a single list if you wish. But here comes the great part about it: this list will become a filter and all the metadata will be parsed again and anything missing before will now be filled in for you, as long as the exporting format supports all those fields. Now you can simply export this consolidated list to all your front-ends again, super-fast. A little ambitious, but I think I can make it work.
This will turn Lightspeed into an all around importer and exporter for gamelists and can be very useful at times, in my own experience.