Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade - Why are we getting yelled at?  (Read 4192 times)

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Maximus Arcade - Why are we getting yelled at?
« on: May 21, 2016, 12:53:54 am »
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this. The developer still makes money selling keys. X-Arcade makes money selling systems that include MA, but neither supports the product, and the Maximus Arcade website specifically says that the only tech support is through the forums, and he put this forum in his web site menus.

So now, an angry buyer with registration problems comes here and chew us out, as if we have anything to do with either X-Arcade or Maximus Arcade.

@Saint - Is this some deal that you worked out with Lance? I don't mind helping people out, but if two entities are making money off this product, I'd feel pretty foolish being part of their free support department.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Maximus Arcade - Why are we getting yelled at?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:59:30 am »
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this. The developer still makes money selling keys. X-Arcade makes money selling systems that include MA, but neither supports the product, and the Maximus Arcade website specifically says that the only tech support is through the forums, and he put this forum in his web site menus.

So now, an angry buyer with registration problems comes here and chew us out, as if we have anything to do with either X-Arcade or Maximus Arcade.

@Saint - Is this some deal that you worked out with Lance? I don't mind helping people out, but if two entities are making money off this product, I'd feel pretty foolish being part of their free support department.
Well-said, Jim.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

MaseMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 08:49:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 11:44:34 am »
These are good points. Maybe X-Arcade should be teaming up with a different front end solution, if no one is offering active support for Maximus Arcade anymore.

For the record, I like MA a lot and think it's still a great solution for many people. It's not the job of people on this forum to be full time tech support for it, though.

MaseMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 08:49:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 09:51:35 am »
Did anything ever come of this? What's the current status of MA? Just curious more than anything. I'm still running Maximus on my arcade, and it works fine. No reason to bother switching for me.