Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I am sick and tired of the MA registration code not working problem !  (Read 3896 times)

RetroGeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2016, 03:53:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I paid $25 to register Maximus Arcade.  I can not get the code to work, and I see no way to re-enter it.  It worked the first time I did it, but, it still reads Registered to: unregistered.  If I try to enter the code on another computer, it does not work at all.  If I do not get this problem solved soon, I will file a dispute with Pay Pal and get my money back.  Piracy threat removed by saint  I am really tired of this.  Your support sucks.  It is a shame, too.  Because I really think that Maximus Arcade is a great front end, it blows the doors off HyperSpin.  I am not the first person to have this problem with the registration code.

FIX THE REGISTRATION CODE PROBLEM !!!!

If you can get the registration code problem fixed, and it works, then I will promote sales for Maximus Arcade.  I think it is a great program and is much better then HyperSpin.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:03:13 am by saint »

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
ROFL!  This was entertaining.

RetroGeek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2016, 03:53:37 am
I just want the registration code that I paid $25 for to work.  Is that too much to ask?!  Then you people wonder why most people are using that HyperSpin crap.  It is because they got sick and tired of the MA registration code problem.  I am thinking about posting videos on YouTube about this, if my problem is not fixed soon.  After I do that, then see how many of the MA registration codes you can sell for $9.95 (current offer).

I am the owner and manager of Campbell Arcades.  I wanted to include Maximus Arcade with ever ACP, Bartop Arcade, and full size MAME cabinet we sell.  Just think about all of those people that will want to pay to register the program.  But, if I am not happy with the program or the support, how can I recommend it to all of my customers.  Just think about how much money you will lose because you pissed off the wrong person.  I happen to be one of the pioneers of video gaming.  I usually work in secret to make the video gaming industry more fun.  I discovered Maximus Arcade while messing around with the HyperSpin code.  I was impressed with the MA front end, but not with HyperSpin.  I do have the power to bring Maximus Arcade to light, and I know that with my help, it can generate millions of dollars.  It is a very nice front end, but the registration problem MUST be fixed before it is too late, and you piss off the wrong people.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:45:56 am by saint »

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
A legitimate issue with registration codes is appropriate to post about. Please still follow the rules of language and decorum. (http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_message_rules.html)

Don't bring piracy here. Thanks!
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
You really should be contacting the developer directly, but to be honest, after seeing your childish blackmail/hacking threat, I wouldn't give you any support either.

It's certainly not behaviour fitting someone who is a self-proclaimed pioneer in the arcade industry. Don't come here and cuss out members and make idle threats just because you can't get it to work the way you want so you can sell it. Actually, I thought somebody already bundled it with their cabinets that they sell online, so for all you know, they might have an exclusive deal with the developer to sell this software.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Don't bring piracy here. Thanks!

.....l.....m....f.....a.....o.....

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
It's certainly not behaviour fitting someone who is a self-proclaimed pioneer in the arcade industry.

That's code for "I was a manager at an arcade in a mall for 3 years."
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Especially love how a pioneer arcade master with millions in revenue has no google presence. 

Must be part of that lucrative underground gaming scene that's so secretive none of us have ever heard of it.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
it still is

>>ROFL!  This was entertaining.<<

what gets me is the op is here bitching and bragging ?
please choose which it is
a=either u can fix it "as pointed out to u"
b=u cannot and need help

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
One thing to check is that you are entering the code "EXACTLY" as registered the first time --- IIRC the registration is based on the Email and Name that you registered and will be different if a space is added or removed or if a letter is lower or uppercase, so it has to be exactly as it was registered for both fields or it will be considered a different name/email and the code will not validate correctly. -- So make sure you are entering the fields exactly as you entered them when you registered the product the first time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:00:50 pm by JDFan »

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:46:09 am
and full size MAME cabinet we sell.

Making money from other people's unpaid efforts... way to go.

B2K24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2023, 09:33:05 pm
You don't pay for a frontend that's dead and seeing no updates. If you would've searched "Maximus Arcade problems" here or noticed the last news update on the MA site is from Dec. 2014 I'm unsure why you'd want to spend money on that. Plenty of free alternatives exist or look into GameEX if you wish to spend money.

Active Development is a really good thing  ;D
http://www.gameex.com/

They even have user created themes that can make it look like MA if you can't stand the Windows Media Center look. And then there's GameEX Online and many many more things it's capable of.