Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Thinking about buying an up-scaler  (Read 10589 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Thinking about buying an up-scaler
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:03 am »
*sigh*  Pbj and myself were just getting a laugh out of the complete b.s. that is the marketing for this board.  I'm sorry you didn't see the humor. 

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 01:43:07 am »
I try not to get to caught up in the back and forth. It's relatively cheep and works much better then the cheep upscalers.

My Saturn looked bad before and looks grate now.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:12:04 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:40 am »
Yes, it looks very nice in your photo.  I'm not so much of a purist that I want such a device, but I'm glad they exist.

:cheers:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 02:39:33 pm »
*sigh*  Pbj and myself were just getting a laugh out of the complete b.s. that is the marketing for this board.  I'm sorry you didn't see the humor.
Back of the box buzz words!  Mode 7 or Blast Processing would be proud!

I try not to get to caught up in the back and forth. It's relatively cheep and works much better then the cheep upscalers.

My Saturn looked bad before and looks grate now.
Yeah, I just want something that upscales nicely onto my LCD, and doesn't have a lot of lag.  The XRGB mini is really hard to play action-type games on, since the lag is noticeable *to me* (though I'm sensitive to this thing, being a frame counter twitch player).
Nanoseconds, milliseconds, parsecs, whatever the measurement...I could care less. As long as it feels good on my gaming LCD monitor and I'm able to properly play Shooters and Fighting games without feeling like I'm swimming in molasses, I'm happy. From what I hear this thing is a better solution than the XRGB Mini in that regard, and it's cheaper. It just doesn't have as much menu options as the Mini, yet.