Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [EM pinball] Gottlieb "Aquarius" reset not completed/cycling  (Read 3672 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:20 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
took this bugger on trade for cheap. everything seems to work, it just doesn't reset properly. Reels reset back to zero properly.

If I manually reset it, I can start and play through a game...game scores properly...but at game over, it cycles again.

power on... and the sequence bank resets once... which is good... but DB1 actuates and opens the circuit for the Control bank relay so it won't reset. the Motor 2B switch continuously activates DB1 (once per 1/2 revolution)... so something is closed upstream that is activating it. Sequence bank does not continuously cycle.

items on this line:

Ball count is in it's open position (not on a rivet) so i assume it's at zero and open.

runout switch on ones/tens/hundres/thousands real -  are all open and seem to operate properly according to pinwiki. (these seem to be a hybrid first generation reel (flat sides) with second generation switch operation style)

R switch seems to operate properly.

not sure what's causing DB1 to be continuously activated. any one of those switches being open should break the flow and kill the power to solenoid and keep it from activating. they all appear to be open (unless i'm looking at the wrong runout switches)

any ideas where to look?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:20 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: [EM pinball] Gottlieb "Aquarius" reset not completed/cycling
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »
okay... seems like the SB relay is not tripping allowing the SB armature switch to close...

more digging.