Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gamelist starting game  (Read 3290 times)

langlem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 10:33:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Gamelist starting game
« on: May 12, 2016, 08:25:08 am »
Hello.  I am mainly a HyperSpin user but have been playing around with Mala for a few months now.  Sometimes simple is better.  I have it set up the way I want it but have a pretty basic question.  Seems like I had it doing this at one time but now can not recall how I accomplished it....sure it was pretty easy.

I have a very small gamelist of only 20-25 games.  Only a marquee and snap are displayed.  How can I get Mala to open on a specific game.  Just to be clear, I do not want the game to start...i just want the game list to display that game first when Mala fires up.

Kind of the opposite of starting with the last game played.

Thank you.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: Gamelist starting game
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:48:16 am »
I'm not aware of a simple way of doing this, but MaLa will remember what game is currently displayed when you quit, and will show that game again on start up.

langlem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:06 pm »
Yeah....thx Big10...  This really isnt that big a deal.  It just seems like I did it once and now I cant figure it out now.  I could be out to lunch tho.

Have a Pac Man themed cabaret....and just kinda wanting it to open to the pac man marquee and snap.

Again...appreciate the response.

Matt

EssexMame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2023, 07:43:50 am
  • Mame Weekender
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:59:52 am »
"MaLa will remember what game is currently displayed when you quit, and will show that game again on start up" so I'd expect that the last game in each list is stored in a cfg/ini in Mala. Therefore, you could overwrite that file/similar file with the list/game you always want it to be on startup?

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:16:55 am »
"MaLa will remember what game is currently displayed when you quit, and will show that game again on start up" so I'd expect that the last game in each list is stored in a cfg/ini in Mala. Therefore, you could overwrite that file/similar file with the list/game you always want it to be on startup?
The trouble with that is MaLa will over-write the list on exit, with the currently selected game. I guess it would be possible to write a simple start-up script/program that deletes the list file and replaces it with one that has the selected game set to the one you want.

langlem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:35:49 pm »
Yeah...it seems like I went into the cfg and changed things around somewhere....just cant remember what   :lol

I suck at writing scripts... So will prob just leave it alone.

Thx for the advice tho.