Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala 1.82 issue/possible bug with GUI\Info Window and cpwizard png images  (Read 3101 times)

dragon_sa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:14:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I  am using mala 1.82, mame172 64bit on win7, I have a set of 158 roms with artwork etc.
I created all the control panels with CPwizard using a custom design matching the arcade machine layout and put the 158 png files i need in a directory called cp_images
I then set that to definable1 in mala.in
In the control panel I set GUI\Info window to have

Controls - Type(image) - Image type(definable1) - Title(Controls)
    Snap - Type(snap)  -Image type(snap) - Title(Snap)
    Hi score...
    Cabinet..
    Marquee..
    Flyer...

When I press info button I assigned, sometimes the controls image is displayed and sometimes its not...
if i scroll thru the other menu items and come back to the controls image sometimes it will display sometimes it wont
All other image windows(snaps\cabinet\flyers\etc) display fine
The control images are not huge png files

If i set Controls to the second place in the menu order and snaps to the first place all the control images appear to display fine...issue now is the info button is primarily used to display the controls and I would prefer to have this first...

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this weird behavior/ possible bug

dragon_sa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:14:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
just a further update, it only happens to the cpwizard images it also doesn't matter where i put them in the menu order now....
i have discovered that it happens the more times i call the control panel images up, after about 10 different control panels maybe less sometimes it stops showing them, or if i call the same control panel up several times...
im wondering if its some sort of memory or video issue...all images are only 200-230kb...all snaps, cabinets, flyers, control panel photos and marquess show flawlessly..

I cant just use the control panel photos as a lot of games they don't exist for.