Main > Everything Else

I have now tried Virtual Reality and it is amazing

<< < (238/252) > >>

fallacy:
I just bought The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners Chapter 2. No one even told me it was out already. I don't get it. This is hands down the best game for VR. I think it is better than Half Life Alex. Half life Alex might have slightly better graphics but once you compare the gameplay and what you can actually explore and do especially with the AI NPC you never know what is going to happen.

One thing that annoyed me about Half life Alex was the Artwork or signs in the buildings, it was always just nothing with some made up different letters across things. Walking Dead is legit if you are going through lets say an abandoned school you might see a banner across the Gym that says Go Tigers, you will see left kids art work, posters on the wall, leftover notes on chalkboards.

It also does not look that great on the Quest 2, you have to go PC all the way on this one. I am not sure how it looks on Playstation, probably pretty similar.

pbj:
I’ve been playing Trevor Saves the Universe.  Dusted off my PSVR… I think I bought it two years ago.  It’s been enjoyable.

fallacy:
Quest 3 is going to be the biggest no brainer, don't even need to look at reviews purchase for a VR headset to date. This is going to be another big step for VR. I can tell alot more people are going to get their first VR headset when this thing releases.

RandyT:

--- Quote from: fallacy on June 25, 2023, 12:37:06 pm ---Quest 3 is going to be the biggest no brainer, don't even need to look at reviews purchase for a VR headset to date. This is going to be another big step for VR. I can tell alot more people are going to get their first VR headset when this thing releases.

--- End quote ---

I think Meta should send a nice "thank you" card to AMD and Nvidia.  The pricing on PC GPU's will all but ensure the reasonable success of this headset, provided it's actually the step up they promise, maybe even luring in those who detest the invasive data collection efforts of Meta.  The only thing which might stand in it's way is the market saturation achieved by the Quest 2.  The "normies" who have already bought that headset, and aren't heavy VR users, likely won't bite.  $500 is still a big chunk of money for the folks they are targeting, especially in this economy.

fallacy:
$500 is toilet paper in this inflationary economy. Through in $100 bucks and help save the clock tower is how much money is valued at now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version